Sevilla (N) | UEFA Super Cup | Post-Match Thread

Ropey at the back, lacking a bit of creativity, but still played well and the penalties were top class

Delighted for Cole, goals in the UEFA super cup and the community shield, well done lad!!

Another one to add to the trophy list

That's the first major silverware of the season, one that unlike the community shield actually counts

Very nice to win that. I'm very similar to Grealish, I want to see us win everything at least once. So cross that off the list.

We missed Dias and Stones (as we did whenever we played without them last season). Not many teams could play without their two best defenders and restrict the opposition to a handful of shots, but we looked vulnerable on the counter in a way we don't with those two and missed Stones in midfield.

Not sure what to make of everything else. We are undercooked, but wore them down and created enough to win it outright. There was a 15 minute spell where we looked really good, and then had moments where we looked a bit flat. To be expected at this stage of the season I suppose.

Without making a big deal of it, we do need one or two more players in. Players who can change a game or find a final killer pass or give a couple more options to tweak our style. But nevertheless there are plenty of things to play with early doors, and hopefully Pep will work it out by the spring at just the right moment again.

Get in. Would have been seriously annoyed had we put that much energy into the game and come away with fuck all. We will move away from this instantly but it all adds to the trophy haul and that team photo gets one more trophy in it. Lovely stuff.
Just need the club world cup now for a once in a lifetime squad photo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.