Sevilla (N) | UEFA Super Cup | Post-Match Thread

To win the Super Cup is lovely'
FT: Man City beat Sevilla on penalties

Manchester City

Man City goalscorer Cole Palmer to TNT Sports: "Obviously losing on penalties [in the Community Shield] is never nice. To come here and win the Super Cup is lovely."

Is he at his best? "Not yet. It's early in the season. We just have to kick on from here."

I really enjoyed that game when I wasn't expecting to. It is quite bizarre, we treated that like our first competitive match of the season and also played a double no 10 pivot with a sweeper at times of which we have not played since Kompany, Silva and Kdb were all playing. Foden struggled, Kovacic was more utility but I thought Ake was awesome.

There was a lot of rustiness today....Grealish, Foden, Walker, Rodri.....but it is good to get it all out in a game like this.

Palmer's positional discipline and movement was awesome, he does have a lot to learn as he reminded me a lot of Grealish's first season and got very easily distracted and drawn into other positions.

Ederson and Ake kept us in the game but still wish we had Willy on hire for penalty shoot outs!

and the other winner tonight......

Newcastle United.

To beat them on Saturday will be very difficult indeed. Glad I didn't put a fiver on going unbeaten all season, I did think about it.
Sani-pads are in the post….I’d double up you’re gonna need em

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.