Sevilla pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have to play the two Ferns, which leads to the Yaya dilemma. To me the experiment of playing him as the number 10 with Bony simply won't cut it in this game, so I'm not sure where he actually plays, unless he sits back just in front of, or alongside the Ferns.

I thinks there is a case to be made to sit Yaya on the bench for this game, but I am not sure that Pellers will see it that way. Sevilla are going to come at us hard, as they will be desperate to win the game. This may play into our hands if we can launch fast counter attacks. I actually wouldn't mind playing Sterling centrally to utilise his speed, with Kev and Navas on either side, and the Ferns and Yaya behind those 3. I think the back 4 picks itself with Vinny and Otamendi, Sagna and Kolarov.

I think back to the Roma game, which was one of our most solid away performances. If we can replicate that then we stand a very good chance of knocking them off.

I agree with the basic case, although you're right - it's unlikely Pellegrini will do this. Actually, if Delph were fit, a Fernandinho, Delph, Fernando central midfield could work well for this kind of fixture. Think Fabian may be close to fit now, but too early for him in such a crucial game. We will likely see him on the bench for the Scouser game.

I think we have to play the two Ferns, which leads to the Yaya dilemma. To me the experiment of playing him as the number 10 with Bony simply won't cut it in this game, so I'm not sure where he actually plays, unless he sits back just in front of, or alongside the Ferns.

I thinks there is a case to be made to sit Yaya on the bench for this game, but I am not sure that Pellers will see it that way. Sevilla are going to come at us hard, as they will be desperate to win the game. This may play into our hands if we can launch fast counter attacks. I actually wouldn't mind playing Sterling centrally to utilise his speed, with Kev and Navas on either side, and the Ferns and Yaya behind those 3. I think the back 4 picks itself with Vinny and Otamendi, Sagna and Kolarov.

I think back to the Roma game, which was one of our most solid away performances. If we can replicate that then we stand a very good chance of knocking them off.

If no Silva or even Nasri then Yaya has to play. Otherwise its a case of stop De Bruyne, stop City. Someone has to launch the fast counter attacks and it will not be the two Ferns.

Sevilla lost at the weekend fid they play a full strength team? Apparently banega is touch and go for the game. No silva is a big big blow because de bruyne looks goosed and stank the place out yesterday. I think the most important thing is that the ferns and yaya all start.

Hart
Sagna
kompany
otamendi
Kolarov
Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya
Navas
De Bruyne
Sterling

Would be my team with Raheem playing striker

A draw in Sevilla and a win against Villa then we regroup after the Internationals.

It's crucial that when Silva, Nasri, Delph and Clichy return after the break they are fully physically fit and stay that way with good fortune. Pablo and Sergio will take longer but same applies. Without a fully fit squad we're doing OK and keeping the wheels in motion.

There are clearly pressures and frustrations for players, management and fans but this is the nature of the game. Too much focus by fans on player scapegoats for me.
Otamendi, Fernando, Fernandinho, Sagna and Navas gave it their all yesterday. Yaya, Vinny, De Bruyne and Sterling made a few mistakes but kept their heads up. Joe and Kolarov are human and we all cock things up now and then. Bony if anything tried to hard yesterday and his judgement was impaired (too much power not enough control of shots), he could have had 3 or 4 on another day. This in comparison to Rooney who didn't get a touch in Palace's penalty box I believe.

The team needs a resolute performance in Spain for sure.
Come on City.

Just found Gameiro's been ruled out. Thats kind of good as he took up some really good positions in the first leg only let down by his final connection. Also llorente and immobile wouldn't be too much for our defence.

Sevilla lost at the weekend fid they play a full strength team? Apparently banega is touch and go for the game. No silva is a big big blow because de bruyne looks goosed and stank the place out yesterday. I think the most important thing is that the ferns and yaya all start.
KDB stank the place out that much that we would not have won without him......i do wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.