Sevilla U19s v City U19s 3/11/2015

Your head needs to come back out of your arse bud, you're still talking bollocks.

I forgot Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Yaya were all academy products. You sure you don't support the rags, the amount of shite you're talking sounds like you do, trying to suggest we are doing a good job at academy level because a Nigerian kid has made a couple of appearances off the bench. Go have another smoke of that pipe.

People who think Denayer & Barker would have been happy about being overlooked for the first team in favour of newcomers are in some kind of parallel universe where human nature is somewhat different.

We are reaching the stage where we have to start using more of our homegrown players or there will be a change in recruitment.

Some people are slow on the uptake on here but I'll put two things together to make it simpler.

1: Utd complaining about City snaffling all the best kids.
2: LVG going on about how he would rather use kids, than sign players for big money.

Are the two things connected ?

OF COURSE THEY FUCKING ARE!

If we want to retain our advantage, we soon have to start using more kids or they will start signing for Utd etc. Simple.

Exactly! Tottenham made the right call on Kane because he is now starting and scoring for them. If Barker does the same for us in a year or so then brilliant, the club did right. If he goes on loan does well and still doesn't get a game (as others have done) then we have a major issue. Why send your kid to City if he ends up in league 1 or Norway on loan. You would send him to the rags where he will probably play five mins and then be in the next England squad!

I forgot Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Yaya were all academy products. You sure you don't support the rags, the amount of shite you're talking sounds like you do, trying to suggest we are doing a good job at academy level because a Nigerian kid has made a couple of appearances off the bench. Go have another smoke of that pipe.
So anyone who thinks the academy is on the right track (and isn't an impatient prick) is a rag whereas those who slate the club and the academy are true Blues?

You really do have your head up your own backside don't you bud.

So anyone who thinks the academy is on the right track (and isn't an impatient prick) is a rag whereas those who slate the club and the academy are true Blues?

You really do have your head up your own backside don't you bud.

Anyone who thinks the academy is on the right track is correct based on results and performances and quality of players at that level. The fact very few players are being played at first team level is factual evidence that it isn't yet succeeding. Nothing suggests the link between first team and academy is getting any stronger other than token gesture appearances on the bench or the odd league cup game. Time will tell and I'm patient but I'm passionate about seeing the club truly honour its commitment to player development and get them playing for the first team.

I don't think anyone who disagrees with me is a prick, but your posting style and critique of my posts is petty. Especially considering you then write equally hypothetical posts. You sound like a rag.

If our academy produces players like Lopes whom getting sold for 8 millions without playing for our first team, do you reckon that we have failed with the academy?

If we can get one or two new players from the EDS into the first team every second season, while we sell players (hopefully with a buy back clause) for a total of at least 20 million pounds, do you still think it's a failure as we aren't bringing more players into the first team?

If we can make a big profit of the players in our academy, I still think that we have succeeded in a way. As much as I would love to see Barker get a first team spot, it wouldn't be a disaster if he's a starting player for Stoke (if they are still in the PL) in five years and we received around 10-15 millions for him. That still means we're producing good players which is the main goal with the academy I suppose.

Anyone who thinks the academy is on the right track is correct based on results and performances and quality of players at that level. The fact very few players are being played at first team level is factual evidence that it isn't yet succeeding. Nothing suggests the link between first team and academy is getting any stronger other than token gesture appearances on the bench or the odd league cup game. Time will tell and I'm patient but I'm passionate about seeing the club truly honour its commitment to player development and get them playing for the first team.

I don't think anyone who disagrees with me is a prick, but your posting style and critique of my posts is petty. Especially considering you then write equally hypothetical posts. You sound like a rag.
Let's just both agree that you're a prick bud and leave it there.

If our academy produces players like Lopes whom getting sold for 8 millions without playing for our first team, do you reckon that we have failed with the academy?

If we can get one or two new players from the EDS into the first team every second season, while we sell players (hopefully with a buy back clause) for a total of at least 20 million pounds, do you still think it's a failure as we aren't bringing more players into the first team?

If we can make a big profit of the players in our academy, I still think that we have succeeded in a way. As much as I would love to see Barker get a first team spot, it wouldn't be a disaster if he's a starting player for Stoke (if they are still in the PL) in five years and we received around 10-15 millions for him. That still means we're producing good players which is the main goal with the academy I suppose.

Yes, we will have failed.

The chairman says that the core of the club's plan is to have a team based around academy players. That is the mission statement. So far it is failling & Vieira has left without bringng through a single regular player. Since ADUG took over, we have failed to create one player for the first team. Hopefully that will start to change, as the talent is there.

Yes, we will have failed.

The chairman says that the core of the club's plan is to have a team based around academy players. That is the mission statement. So far it is failling & Vieira has left without bringng through a single regular player. Since ADUG took over, we have failed to create one player for the first team. Hopefully that will start to change, as the talent is there.
I agree with your last sentence at least "Hopefully that will start to change, as the talent is there."

Of course it wasn't there previously, even the ones I thought may make it such as Huws and Lopes.

I don't think there's a more divisive topic on BM then introducing youth into the first team. I'm still of the opinion that we're on track to the stated goals, people are just impatient. You can't make a player good enough for the first team although you can certainly help by giving them the very best help from a (preferably) young age.

I agree with your last sentence at least "Hopefully that will start to change, as the talent is there."

Of course it wasn't there previously, even the ones I thought may make it such as Huws and Lopes.

I don't think there's a more divisive topic on BM then introducing youth into the first team. I'm still of the opinion that we're on track to the stated goals, people are just impatient. You can't make a player good enough for the first team although you can certainly help by giving them the very best help from a (preferably) young age.

I think the even more important period is the one right now, where the players I mentioned would be learning to play first team football under Mercer, or Book or Clough or, I hate to say it, Ferguson, but in our current setup, are not even getting 5 mins. The ones who looked like they coped would stay with the team & those who didn't would be out on loan.

The get out clause for lazy or frightened or unarsed managers in the Prem, is that 'nobody' brings through players, fans have been brainwashed into accepting it as the norm. They can prove their argument by pointing to all the players who haven't made it & say 'I was right' but imo some of those players could have.

What they needed was the right stimulus, coaching & trust, at the right time & some help, rather than just expecting them to rise to the top on their own. I think Barker is an example of that right now. He is one of the biggest talents we have ever had & imo deserves special care & treatment, & opportunity which he doesn't appear to be getting. If he fails, peopke will just say 'told you so'.

With the money available it isn't necessary for clubs to worry unduly about getting the most from their young players, so they don't & kids are missing a crucial part of their development.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.