Shame At Being A Blue

johnny crossan

Deep breath - spaces between sentences

The Club have done nothing wrong

Anyone on here who thinks they did is in error IMO

The Reason Hughes Had To Go:

Performances, not just results were poor.

There were real question marks over the injury record and motivation level of key signings

The trip to Abu Dhabi in November was also for a major management review following six draws .

The request for further funds for January signings was not well received in light of the above

After defeat in AD there followed further draws from winning positions at a weakened Liverpool & Burnley

Hughes demonstrably failed to get the best from his players or his staff, in particular he failed to manage his defensive coaches

It was decided, quite reasonably, that a new manager and coaching staff were necessary.

The Sacking:

There was no-one in place to act as caretaker over an interregnum, the result of Hughes' staff recruitment policy

A period of Kinnear-style instability was not wanted at this crucial stage of the season.

There is no pain-free way of dispensing with the services of a failing incumbent manager

Just as there is no pain-free way of reading the papers, watching SSN or reading some of the posts on here

Re: De Niro's & Others' Shame At Being A Blue

Agreed! (there are two blank lines after this)

Excellent post mate, except the title...
People have different opinions, it's what a forum is for, and it's caused far too many divisions on here.

Like I said tho, excellent content.

Where did the title go?????? (said baconface at the end of the season)

I didn't agree with the sacking but that is water under the bridge and the club certainly have the right to sack a manager they believe is underperforming.
What I would ask though is if Kidd is incapable of acting as a caretaker for a week what the hell is he doing as Assistant manger? (I am not against this appointment by the way)

Full of shit.

Blue tinted specs.

The whole situation is a farce.

Garry Cook is a wanker.

Cant disagree with anything the OP says (maybe no need to single out individuals tho).

The poignant thing that sticks in my mind after the events of the last 4 days is that These Guys Do Not Fuck Around. They told us what they wanted to do at the outset, they told us they wanted to take City to the pinnacle of world club football. And we were told by blues that work in the Abu Dhabi region that they will do what is necessary to get the job done.

On Saturday, they backed up those words with actions, and for me it was a bit startling but also very refreshing and inspiring to see.

Of course i felt some sympathy for MH, but that will always come way behind any sense of joy i feel when i see this club being moved forward.

We are moving upwards and the speed in the changing of the manager was a statement of intent that will have driven shock and fear into many other footballing institutions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.