Shane McGowan RIP (P8)

Think Shane was a bit unlucky, his mum & dad decided to move over to Kent for a while . In that time Shane was born . They moved back to Ireland shortly after his birth .

And they moved back to England when he was 7 according to his Wikipedia page.

None of this makes him any less of a brilliant artist - just always funny listening to old interviews and he sounds cockney which isn’t what people expect.

Nick Cave performing in a church at a funeral is the most Nick Cave thing Nick Cave has ever done.
He played his song "Into My Arms" at Michael Hutchence's funeral in 1997 but, if I recall correctly, he asked the TV network who were broadcasting the service live not to record the performance.

I just shed a tear watching that. Beautiful and a perfect tribute to him with people dancing and being merry.

Lisa O’Neill is wonderful as well. Her new album is one of my favourite releases this year.
The Pogues weren’t my kind of thing / music and only listened to a few tunes on this Bluemoon forum since his passing but like you, I had a tear in my eye listening and watching that. What a wonderful send off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.