Shares in Manchester City

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Did everyone get, say, a written offer from frank to sell their shares? (My dad doesn't recall every recieving one)

For 15 years they never made any money, now they don't even excist!

£1000 down the drain!

sugga_d said:
Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Did everyone get, say, a written offer from frank to sell their shares? (My dad doesn't recall every recieving one)

For 15 years they never made any money, now they don't even excist!

£1000 down the drain!

Everyone will have got a written offer, my son had 12 shares and he even got one!

I don't think you have definitely lost your money. I have a small number of shares bought when they were first issued but did not want to sell - when the sale was forced I couldn't be arsed finding my share certificate. KPMG used to administer the shares and when I called them a few months back about redemption they said I would simply need to call the club. Worth a try.

KenTheLandlord said:
sugga_d said:
Very funny!

he has asked me to find out for him

Your Dad has lost his money, fella.

if you didnt claim your money for your shares it is held in a fund untill such time as you do. you have to relinquish your certificate to claim the very small ammount it will be actually worth. I have my certificate still, I had the grand total of one share and it would have netted me a matter of pence. Far less infact than the cost of the letter they sent me to tell me about the compulsary purchase of the remaining shares. I kept the certificate, partly because I didnt want to sell, and mainly because I have it as a momento of when I owned a very small bit of our wonderful club.

All shareholders received a standard letter setting out their options from the Brokers handling the purchase of shares for Frank. If you ignored the first one like me you got at least another 2 letters reminding you about the offer. If your dad did not get any of these letters he must have changed his address after buying the shares. They could only write to share holders who they had the addresses of. They would also have placed adds in newspapers asking share holders to contact them.

I though Shinawatra stopped short of buying all the shares , i'm almost sure he did ..... if my memory serves me right he got over 90% of them then decided to call it quits on obtaining the rest , saying that he wasn't too bothered about the remainder .

I could be wrong , but i think that's the way it went.

cfn1963 said:
I don't think you have definitely lost your money. I have a small number of shares bought when they were first issued but did not want to sell - when the sale was forced I couldn't be arsed finding my share certificate. KPMG used to administer the shares and when I called them a few months back about redemption they said I would simply need to call the club. Worth a try.

I might do that, cheers fella

Its not really about trying to get our money back because at the end of the day its gone to a good cause

Maybe the owner will be happy to compensate, say £2 a share! ha ha

black mamba said:
I though Shinawatra stopped short of buying all the shares , i'm almost sure he did ..... if my memory serves me right he got over 90% of them then decided to call it quits on obtaining the rest , saying that he wasn't too bothered about the rest .

I could be wrong , but i think that's the way it went.

He has no choice its a stock market rule. He has to extend the best offer made to all shareholders and once over 80+% he has to buy 100% and we had to sell.

mcnil said:
KenTheLandlord said:
Your Dad has lost his money, fella.

if you didnt claim your money for your shares it is held in a fund untill such time as you do. you have to relinquish your certificate to claim the very small ammount it will be actually worth. I have my certificate still, I had the grand total of one share and it would have netted me a matter of pence. Far less infact than the cost of the letter they sent me to tell me about the compulsary purchase of the remaining shares. I kept the certificate, partly because I didnt want to sell, and mainly because I have it as a momento of when I owned a very small bit of our wonderful club.

Thanks for the info Mcnil

Do you think its about 20-30% of the original value?

He will prob keep the cercificate now anyway because like you say it has sentimental value

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.