Shares question(s).

Bojinov The Bull

Can I buy shares in a company that isn't listed on london stock exchange? (they are Australian). Also for anybody who has some shares what site/company do they use to manage them, i'm on a site called 'Interactive Investor' (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.iii.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.iii.co.uk</a>) which seems to be pretty good just wondering about the alternatives though.

Australian shares are listed on the ASX (Australian Securities Exchange)
The company would need to be listed ie. a public company.
You can use a UK broker or go direct to an Aussie broker. You will need to deal in Australian dollars so there will be an exchange risk as well as the investment risk.

You can buy shares on the ASX through TD Waterhouse for £12.95 per trade. There are others brokers that allow you to do it as well but most are a complete ballache to set up an account. With TD Waterhouse you can transfer funds on a debit card and start trading within a few hours.

Which company are you thinking about investing in?

Sun Jihai's ghost said:
You can buy shares on the ASX through TD Waterhouse for £12.95 per trade. There are others brokers that allow you to do it as well but most are a complete ballache to set up an account. With TD Waterhouse you can transfer funds on a debit card and start trading within a few hours.

Which company are you thinking about investing in?

Cheers for the info, i'll look into TD Waterhouse it sounds good. The company is Kip McGrath (KME.AX).

Wow that is one speculative stock, good luck.

I Just checked my TD Waterhouse account , you can trade KME through TDW no problem (some brokers wont let you buy stocks with such a low liquidity.)

Sun Jihai's ghost said:
Wow that is one speculative stock, good luck.

I Just checked my TD Waterhouse account , you can trade KME through TDW no problem (some brokers wont let you buy stocks with such a low liquidity.)

Ye it is lol, I have some family who own a franchise in it though and its definitely worth a punt, there is no chance of them going bust and they've recently had a large investment in them with the possibility of a future takeover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.