Sharm El Sheikh (Egypt)

yeah,i went on a two week scuba holiday when in the army,didn,t see a cloud for two weeks,that was in june,mates been twice recently and loved it,suppose it depends on hotel etc but weather should be great!

Think I can help you there IMF - just booked a week in May this afternoon ! It will be the 6th time I've been so quite knowledgeable about the place and particularly Naama Bay which is the main centre !! Fire away with any questions mate - if I can help I will mate !!

Depends when you go, it will get into the hundreds in the summer, be good and warm now. We are looking to go either May or June. If City keep getting through in the Waffa cup it'll be June. If they go out it'll be 16th May for a week

The Ox said:
Think I can help you there IMF - just booked a week in May this afternoon ! It will be the 6th time I've been so quite knowledgeable about the place and particularly Naama Bay which is the main centre !! Fire away with any questions mate - if I can help I will mate !!

Cheers mate. All I really need to know is how expensive is it generally? And should I completely stay clear of the water?

And good to hear about the weather, should beat Manchester anyway.

The Invisible_Man said:
The Ox said:

Cheers mate. All I really need to know is how expensive is it generally? And should I completely stay clear of the water?

The majority of the hotels are All Inclusive and as you would expect the higher the rating the better quality the food !! I only go 5 star and never had a problem. I've just paid £1200 for 2 of us for a week so quite reasonable for that standard !! Although Sterling is not as strong as last year you can still have a 3 course meal with drinks for 2 for approx £20 in the Hard Rock Cafe or much less if you go to a normal restaraunt !! Weather is fantastic but I would'nt reccommend going in July/August as it is just too hot ! When you say water do you mean to swim or drink ? Don't drink it but definitely go snorkelling if you are beach hotel as it is so clear and the Corals attract some beautiful fish !

The Ox said:
The Invisible_Man said:
The Ox said:

The majority of the hotels are All Inclusive and as you would expect the higher the rating the better quality the food !! I only go 5 star and never had a problem. I've just paid £1200 for 2 of us for a week so quite reasonable for that standard !! Although Sterling is not as strong as last year you can still have a 3 course meal with drinks for 2 for approx £20 in the Hard Rock Cafe or much less if you go to a normal restaraunt !! Weather is fantastic but I would'nt reccommend going in July/August as it is just too hot ! When you say water do you mean to swim or drink ? Don't drink it but definitely go snorkelling if you are beach hotel as it is so clear and the Corals attract some beautiful fish !

Im off there in about 11 hours mate so I hope the weathers ok around now. By water I meant I'd heard to avoid it completely, not even to use it to brush my teeth with. I'm there for work so I don't know how much spare time I'v got but I'll hopefully get some snorkling in.

Went to Cairo a few years, fook me that was an eye opener. Dirty shithole in most places, saw kids playing in dirty drains ( run offs from the Nile i think ) Twas mingin' to say the least. Got to the Pyramids and nearly got kidnapped by a load of camel Jockeys. Got on a camel, He said " I take you round the back of the pyramid " FOOK that. I would have come back with no money or a sore arse. Didn't wait to find out. I jumped off the camel. I take photo he said. Gave him my camera which was a shit disposable, and he took a snap. "10 egyptian pound" he said. keep the f***ing camera I said. Anyway he gave it me back. Remember on the highway back to the airport was something out of wacky races. Shit my pants. Never going back If I do i'll be in de nile!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.