Shay Facey

WNRH said:
CityStu said:
SuperBlu said:
Whats better for his development ? to play with the EDS or New York City ?

For Shay? Probably New York IMO but that's simply because he's unlikely to make it with City (if he was, he'd have had better loan deals by his age).

My qualm is with other youngsters. I genuinely think that tournaments like the UEFA Youth League (U19) and even the domestic U21 league offer sterner tests than the MLS currently. I can't envisage any player under 19 getting more out of NYCFC than they would the EDS and I'm not sure we should be interested in the players not getting decent European loan moves by the time they're over 18 (like Rekik, Lopes and Denayer have).

Playing in front of 63k with David Villa and Kaka on a Sunday evening which is televised globally is more beneficial than playing in front of 200 people at the CFA on a Monday night.

Even playing in front of 20,000 in the MLS is better than playing infront of 2000 in the EDS.

Forget the standard, it's the experience that is needed.

Getting that experience is important at some stage in a players' development, but I can't see a good argument for why that step should be taken at NYCFC rather than a better club in a better league in Europe.

Hungarian blue said:
Did very well on his cameo as a right back. Hopefully he will cement his place in the first eleven after few weeks. Their starting RB had some dodgy moments, although I would rather see him in CB, but that's just me.

This has just happened, they left out that shaky player and brought Facey to the first eleven.

BringBackSwales said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Sent off, second yellow card 82nd minute.......

Any idea how he did before being sent off?
I only saw the 2nd half but he seemed to be doing fine.The first yellow was taking one for the team to stop a breakaway but the 2nd was poor. He should have recognised the situation and stayed on his feet.He was actually lucky a penalty wasn't given as it was very very borderline.

He looked good on the ball but played a safe steady game in possession, didn’t get forward much. He did well against some pacey forwards in defence. I didn’t see the second yellow but the first stopped a breakaway that most experienced defenders would have done.

I’ve watched most of two games now and think the level is reasonable, no worse than European under 21 football and when you add in the big crowds and big tv audience it is great experience.

He did well enough but a big factor in the game was the altitude of the stadium, the thin air meant players got knackered so much quicker than normal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.