Shay Given: Manchester City can win the PL next season

viney said:
The only thing that will stop us is Mancini imo.

We have as good a squad as anybody and i think we have the best strikers by far. The thing is Mancini can't play defensive like he did at the Emirates as it is a joke with the quality we have and just a complete waste of money. I don't want to see boring, cautious football. Barcelona don't do it, the rags don't do it and even Spurs play nice attacking football.

TBH i am not a huge Mancini fan, but will give him the benefit of the doubt since we won a trophy and finished 3rd. However this season will show if he really has it like Mourinho, Red nose, Wenger, Villas Boas etc...
Yes, lets try and be more like Spurs! Maybe we can get Crouch off them and hoof the ball to him nonstop. lol

I'm glad he's been more amicable about his transfer than Ireland and Petrov...Miserable bastards.

I always liked Given and thought he came in to unfair stick sometimes, at the end of the day he's too good to be sat on our bench. Good luck to him I say.

edgecroft said:
viney said:

We have as good a squad as anybody and i think we have the best strikers by far. The thing is Mancini can't play defensive like he did at the Emirates as it is a joke with the quality we have and just a complete waste of money. I don't want to see boring, cautious football. Barcelona don't do it, the rags don't do it and even Spurs play nice attacking football.

TBH i am not a huge Mancini fan, but will give him the benefit of the doubt since we won a trophy and finished 3rd. However this season will show if he really has it like Mourinho, Red nose, Wenger, Villas Boas etc...
Yes, lets try and be more like Spurs! Maybe we can get Crouch off them and hoof the ball to him nonstop. lol

That's not what i mean.

I never said let's be like Spurs, what i mean is that i respect how Redknapp played in the CL. No defensive shit, and it was good watching them against Inter.
I don't like defensive, cautious football. I know Mourinho does it, but you know Mourinho despite being a ****, is one of a kind as he just guarantees success. I have no doubt we would the PL with Mourinho as our manager.
I am not sure about Mancini. Call me rag if you want but over the years, Ferguson has won United points by taking risks and throwing on attackers instead of settling for draws.

viney said:

Easy on the Villas Boas, Viney, I'd be putting Mancini in that list before him, let's see what the season holds.

If Roald Dahl wrote a book about football, I'd love to hear how he would have described Wenger :)

roj said:
viney said:

Easy on the Villas Boas, Viney, I'd be putting Mancini in that list before him, let's see what the season holds.

If Roald Dahl wrote a book about football, I'd love to hear how he would have described Wenger :)

Yeah mate, early to talk about Villas Boas but for me he looks to have it, just that thing where you can tell he will be a top manager.

Anyway i am not trying to cause friction but when i read and hear rival fans saying ''they won't win it with Mancini as a manger'' or ''until they get a better manager they will underachieve in the CL and PL'', it does make you think a bit. I am all for seeing how he starts, but when you sign players like Aguero, you have to play nice football, not dull boring shit. I don't want to see us go to the Emirates or San Siro, defending for 90 mins and bloody Kun playing as a left back.

viney said:
roj said:
viney said:

no offense but your talking absolute fucking bollocks.

Yeah mate, early to talk about Villas Boas but for me he looks to have it, just that thing where you can tell he will be a top manager.

Anyway i am not trying to cause friction but when i read and hear rival fans saying ''they won't win it with Mancini as a manger'' or ''until they get a better manager they will underachieve in the CL and PL'', it does make you think a bit. I am all for seeing how he starts, but when you sign players like Aguero, you have to play nice football, not dull boring shit. I don't want to see us go to the Emirates or San Siro, defending for 90 mins and bloody Kun playing as a left back.

no offense but your talking absolute fucking bollocks.

I don't see how anything less can be our goal. I'm not sure if we will win the PL this season, but, how can anything less be our goal.

I don't want to hear fans saying they are hoping for 2nd or 3rd.

I truly believe City can win the title and this should be the goal for the team without question. It won't be easy and we will see stiff competition but City will be in the fight and can do it.

He's a top fella is Shay. Not many better keepers out there either even at 35. He is still easily good enough to be our No1 imo but Mancini had a big decision to make last year and he knew Joe Hart was ready and wouldn't sit around for much longer. I think he made the right decision as Joe could be our No1 keeper for the next 10 -15 years. That was tough for Shay but in all fairness he is way to good to be sitting around as anybodys No2 no matter how big our Clubs ambitions are.

I wish Shay nothing but the best and i hope his shoulder trouble is now behind him. He could be great for Villa. Good luck to him.

Been said many times already, but I echo the good comments about Shay.

I don't really remember Shay Given making too much bad noise (especially compared to others) last year. Now he's at Villa, still in the Prem, and saying good things about City. For me, this is another sign of our new era. I am confident that once we part ways with the last few players who are unhappy now (Bellars, Ade, Tevez, etc.), things will change even more. Onwards and upwards we go as a side that talented players want to be a part of.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.