Shay Given....

Roger Ringpiece said:
Yes, soon stopped though as our fans were too busy pointing at him in the Sky box whilst singing the song to notice Bellamy had scored the winner.
chumpster1 said:
Did anyone else hear the crowd singing "your dads going down"

Aha, but then we sang, "He's still going down, your dad's still going down" which not only amused us but also the Liverpool crowd as well!!

City wit is the best in the world!!

And Shay Given was a great goalkeeper for us and may still have been apart from that shoulder injury just before the end of the season. He is still a great goalkeeper at AV, all the pundits agree.

Shay is still a top class keeper no doubting that. He wanted first team football so he left. Have a lot of time for Shay done well during his short spell at the club. A different keeper to Joe who has gone on to the next level. Still some little things needed to be ironed out but Mancini was right in making him number 1. Last season with Shay at the club helped Joe along big time look at him now he is full of confidence and is talking a lot more to the defence than he used to which is nice to see.

leighton said:
Shay is still a top class keeper no doubting that. He wanted first team football so he left. Have a lot of time for Shay done well during his short spell at the club. A different keeper to Joe who has gone on to the next level. Still some little things needed to be ironed out but Mancini was right in making him number 1. Last season with Shay at the club helped Joe along big time look at him now he is full of confidence and is talking a lot more to the defence than he used to which is nice to see.

Oooo that must of hurt fella

Only pulling your leg

Shay and Dunnie are 2 guys that realise that although they are very talented and good at what they do they are very lucky to have had and still have great careers, earn as much money as they do and be set up financially for life. Although they probably feel that they could make a contribution at City, and rightly so, they are both held in esteem by us because of the service they gave to the club. They accepted that the club was moving on to a new level and weren't in the manager's plans.

Despite Bellamy's reluctance to move you should have seen him playing with our young lads at Stalybridge Celtic. It was like having a coach on the pitch and although it's not his game style he was teaching the young lads what Bobby wanted, all the close work, little passing moves etc. and showing that he wanted to get into the team. He hasn't slagged the club off but then again I don't think Wayne Bridge is doing so either, but Bridge's his refusal to move, even on loan annoys me immensely. As long as players who left in this way say they would have liked to have played for City for longer, they enjoyed their time here but had to move on to get a 1st team opportunity then that will do for me.

So 3 of those players mentioned can walk back into the Etihad Stadium in front of the fans and receive genuine respect. We know Stephen Ireland has certain issues but for the life of me I will never understand how he didn't acknowledge the fans' warm reception that he received on his return either before the Villa game or upon his substitution after a decidedly average performance. Shauny will of course receive as great a welcome as his counterpart modern day heroes such as the Goat and Dickov and hopefully Nedum will keep his mouth shut now and accept his welcome when we play QPR (his dispute is with certain personalities, not the fans).

As for Tevez, Adebayor and Bridge ... You've only got to look at those names and think 'would I buy any one of those a pint?' Now Im a generous type of bloke and the answer would be a resounding 'no'.

A nice bloke and a great keeper and seems to be very well like. Would welcome him back to City any time.

Not sure how people can be odd towards him. Always gave his best and unlike several players who left us in a dark cloud, he has had nothing but praise for us.

Jumanji said:
california blue said:
The fact people regard him as a top keeper is beyond me.

He's a great shot stopper but that's about it.

He invites way to much pressure on the defense as he's just glued to his line - hence his miraculous saves from 2 yards out.

Nice bloke though
That really made me cringe. Few posts do.

Exactly, stupid.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
leighton said:

Oooo that must of hurt fella

Only pulling your leg

I call it how I see it. Joe wasnt to this standard last season and I called him up on it. This season he has improved big time but still needs to keep working hard on those little mistakes.

Carver said:
Shay and Dunnie are 2 guys that realise that although they are very talented and good at what they do they are very lucky to have had and still have great careers, earn as much money as they do and be set up financially for life. Although they probably feel that they could make a contribution at City, and rightly so, they are both held in esteem by us because of the service they gave to the club. They accepted that the club was moving on to a new level and weren't in the manager's plans.

Despite Bellamy's reluctance to move you should have seen him playing with our young lads at Stalybridge Celtic. It was like having a coach on the pitch and although it's not his game style he was teaching the young lads what Bobby wanted, all the close work, little passing moves etc. and showing that he wanted to get into the team. He hasn't slagged the club off but then again I don't think Wayne Bridge is doing so either, but Bridge's his refusal to move, even on loan annoys me immensely. As long as players who left in this way say they would have liked to have played for City for longer, they enjoyed their time here but had to move on to get a 1st team opportunity then that will do for me.

So 3 of those players mentioned can walk back into the Etihad Stadium in front of the fans and receive genuine respect. We know Stephen Ireland has certain issues but for the life of me I will never understand how he didn't acknowledge the fans' warm reception that he received on his return either before the Villa game or upon his substitution after a decidedly average performance. Shauny will of course receive as great a welcome as his counterpart modern day heroes such as the Goat and Dickov and hopefully Nedum will keep his mouth shut now and accept his welcome when we play QPR (his dispute is with certain personalities, not the fans).

As for Tevez, Adebayor and Bridge ... You've only got to look at those names and think 'would I buy any one of those a pint?' Now Im a generous type of bloke and the answer would be a resounding 'no'.

Regarding Dunnie. I think he has been brilliant for Kompany and Richards when he was at the club. Dunnie is old school getting the last minute block in putting his body on the line and we see this with both Kompany and Richards at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.