Shay is GOING according to his Twitter anyway.

ManCityFC

Shay tweeted this last night:

"Shay_Given: A very Happy New Year to all of my followers. Haven't tweeted for a while but that won't the case in January for sure! All the best!"
--http://twitter.com/Shay_Given/status/20997306237063168

What a shame but he deserves to be doing a job somewhere I suppose.

He doesn't 'deserve' anything. Goalies know they're gonna spend time on the bench and he should suck it up and take it like a man. Sick of him putting little digs out.

that just says he intends to tweet more doesn't it ?

i think he will leave though

Dunno whether that tells us anything whatsoever, but if Shay does go it'll be with my blessing. He's a great keeper and deserves to be playing. Joe Hart's just so much better.

Class keeper and when my lad was City mascot earlier this season, he said Shay was the best player with the kids by the way. Sorry though, I really hope we make his contract stick. Just too good a player to lose

I dont get it, why want some of our fans Shay to leave so he can play more than wanting city to have a good back up keeper in case of injury on Hart?

he signed a contract he know how the game works.

If I were in charge he would be going nowhere. He is on more money than he's ever been on in his life and he remains one game away from playing.

IMO he can go in the summer providing we have an adequate replacement.

That tweet says nothing ...

I understand all the points "Shay too good to be on the bench", "Shay knew the deal so should tough it out", "sick of Shay talking". However my thoughts are that we should let him go to a club we are comfortable with. Yes, he signed the contract but ran into a young keeper who is better and still learning so is expected to get even better. He would leave with my blessing.

stumpy_mcfc said:
That tweet says nothing ...

I understand all the points "Shay too good to be on the bench", "Shay knew the deal so should tough it out", "sick of Shay talking". However my thoughts are that we should let him go to a club we are comfortable with. Yes, he signed the contract but ran into a young keeper who is better and still learning so is expected to get even better. He would leave with my blessing.

The tweet says enough to know he expects something, so unless Joe has pulled a bollock out or something, he us off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.