Sheffield United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Come on now; it wasn't awful, nowhere near it. We were some way short of our best, certainly. But we could (should?) have scored 4 or 5 out there, even ignoring the penalty. Haaland missed one or two chances, and Rodri missed one. The Blades got off lightly.
Some people ignore the little details.

Haaland scores 2 or 3 like he normally would from this service and nobody bats an eye at this performance.

We controlled the game for 80 minutes and made loads of chances. Thats absolutely all we and Pep can ask for.

The chaos in the last 10 minutes can happen, football is still a sport with chance.

Should give us the gate money , only one team tried to play , but we should be used to it by now , can only think Foden was not 100% or he would have surely started today , result more important than the performance sometimes

They definitely did change after the goal. They came out after the goal and did well.

Not immediately they didn't, they continued to sit in after we scored until the last 10 minutes and then they threw on the route 1 merchant's and had a go.

I'm the same. I don't like the lack of creativity ,we seem to be too defensive. Both Rodri and Kovacic are defensively minded although both played well and Rodri is certainly scoring.

All the creativity seemed to come through Alvarez in the first half , with very little coming from the wings. He was my man of the match but he is not as good as either De Bruyne or Foden in this role and are we unbalanced by playing him there?

Grealish needs to do more.

Still we have nine points

I'd want more from him but Alvarez did fairly well, my problem was more the wings, they packed in tight and basically allowed us free reign of the flanks knowing that grealish will cut inside 99% of the time and Bernardo will cut I'm 80%

Hopefully the solution to this as we see it more and more is Doku and to a lesser extent foden who can also go down the outside from the left instead of grealish and Bernardo refusing to use the space afforded to them in favour of using their stronger foot.

Haaland scores 2 or 3 like he normally would from this service and nobody bats an eye at this performance.

We controlled the game for 80 minutes and made loads of chances. Thats absolutely all we and Pep can ask for.

The chaos in the last 10 minutes can happen, football is still a sport with chance.
I can’t fathom out some of the nonsense people come out with on here when we don't win by 3 or 4 goals. IIRC, we had a few of these type of results throughout the autumn in the Centurions season. There's more than one way to win. I lived through the 90s; I recognise awful when I see it. Today wasn't awful. Not even close.

The chaos in the last 10 minutes can happen, eboasding football is still a sport with chance.
Liked the way we came back so strongly when they equalised. Liked some of the padding and movement to create chances.
Disliked poor finishing. Should have been 3 up at least and give a few players some minutes.
Disliked careless defending. Happened a couple of times

Come on now; it wasn't awful, nowhere near it. We were some way short of our best, certainly. But we could (should?) have scored 4 or 5 out there, even ignoring the penalty. Haaland missed one or two chances, and Rodri missed one. The Blades got off lightly.
You have underlined why I thought we were awful :)

we had about 85% possession away from home and made only one mistake in the match.. I thought we looked totally comfortable without having to get out of second gear. I don’t think we made them look half decent.

The reason for my comment was that I was on the Everton’s fans forum this morning.. now that’s aweful.

Not having a go mate. 10000 people can watch a game and we can get 10000 different opinions!!
Yep fair comments re. different opinion but let's face, it we always have most of the possession don't we. What we did with it today was awful !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.