Sheffield United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

We lacked energy and creativity in midfield.

3 points is all that matters in games like these but we need to start improving our performances going forward.
Thought grealish stepped up second half and another good performance from kovacic

Would have been nice to see some instructions from the bench today… they were just sat there looking flat.
Desperately need pep back

Well. Just how often is this guy Rodri going to save our arses?

To be fair, though, I'm overstating it. When it was 1-1, I looked at the table. I thought, “Ok, this is our Nottingham Forest game. I accept it. We're in the leading pack, level on points with everyone, level on goal difference. I'll take it.”
We would still have been well set up for the coming weeks.
But then, put yourself in the mind of an Arsenal supporter. An Arsenal player. Put yourself in the mind ofArteta. Their dropping of two points yesterday would have looked very, very different, in the light of this, a game we were expected to win.
They must have hoped. For about two minutes. It just must be soul destroying for the chasing pack.

I know he scored. But I'm a bit worried about Erling. It's not as if he's missing absolute sitters, most of the time. But last year, he was scoring from any half-chance, sometimes from a quarter-chance. That's not happening. Let's hope it clicks.
hes still on 3 in 3 games though

Has per usual surrounded by any but city today at the beach bar but met a guy from Middleton called Tony who was a dye in the blood blue . And loved today’s outcome and the groan’s of the rest of the twats. C’mon City.

Didn't like that at all but 3 points is 3 points however you get it.

Little invention in the side without kdb and foden, that has to change moving forward, hopefully doku will help massively with that.

Once we got the goal, i really didn't like our approach. They didn't change at all, still sat in and let us have it yet we completely took our foot off the gas sat on the ball and invited pressure which then led to mistakes instead of going for the second and killing it off and it put us in danger of dropping points.

Midfield 2 of rodri and kovacic were majestic throughout, backline was great, Gvardiol slotted straight in looks brilliant already yet there's plenty more to come from him.

Ominous for would be challengers if we dont have our usual slow start and dropped points to the season. The mental fragility of the rest will work in our favour.

Get through the Fulham game get pep back. Get stones back, doku settled and hopefully another signing or two before the window closes and we'll be in the best shape to a season we've been for a while.
I'm the same. I don't like the lack of creativity ,we seem to be too defensive. Both Rodri and Kovacic are defensively minded although both played well and Rodri is certainly scoring.

All the creativity seemed to come through Alvarez in the first half , with very little coming from the wings. He was my man of the match but he is not as good as either De Bruyne or Foden in this role and are we unbalanced by playing him there?

Grealish needs to do more.

Still we have nine points

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.