Sheffield United (A) - Sun 27th Aug, 14:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it will be the same team as against Newcastle. Only possible changes would be Ake or Bernardo coming in. Think Alvarez deserves to keep his place after scoring such an important goal last weekend. Be great to see Doku get some minutes off the bench (presume he’s eligible?).
Only have to be signed before midday Friday to be eligible so no reason he can’t be included

The last time I was at Bramall Lane, the ground only had three stands. The other side was open with a clear view to the cricket pavilion In the far distance. Apparently Yorkshire County Cricket only used to stage four matches a season in Sheffield. The inevitable happened and Yorkshire were evicted and a fourth stand was eventually built.

It was a scary place to go at times. Apparently visiting supporters (probably United) perfected the art of throwing bottles at the low overhanging purlins so that they would shatter all over the home supporters below.

I went to a number of matches there and still share a degree of respect for the Blades‘ support. They are generally decent fans.
They used to build a temporary stand some seasons

The last time I was at Bramall Lane, the ground only had three stands. The other side was open with a clear view to the cricket pavilion In the far distance. Apparently Yorkshire County Cricket only used to stage four matches a season in Sheffield. The inevitable happened and Yorkshire were evicted and a fourth stand was eventually built.

It was a scary place to go at times. Apparently visiting supporters (probably United) perfected the art of throwing bottles at the low overhanging purlins so that they would shatter all over the home supporters below.

I went to a number of matches there and still share a degree of respect for the Blades‘ support. They are generally decent fans.
Yes I was at the 3-3 back in the early 70s.

Was dodgy back in the day but ok nowadays unless youre a Gobshite of course.

Interesting fact I read is that Bramall Lane staged its first ever football match (Sheffield v Hallam I think) to raise money for the starving cotton workers in Manchester during the American Civil War. It was only used for cricket to this point.

Moved to Sheffield from Denton and lived there until I was 21 so will be meeting up for a good piss up with a few Blades mates.

is there a live youtube link for this press conf?
I want Lillo to be firing shots at the journos and throw them with oranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.