Sheffield United (H) - Sat 30th Dec, 15:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's odd how much the 'walkover' pops up, I guess people are just being fronty and giving it some etc, but time and again these teams sit so deep that the odd goal victory is what occurs. They're not exactly going to take us on at football, so City Vs 10 defenders it is! Don't care about a clean sheet myself, compared to the win
It’s a decent narrative to set the referee up for some abuse too.

3 points is the most important thing. Then, hopefully a clean sheet to give our defence some confidence.

Wilder has organised them well and they are motivated and more confident at the moment.

We should win, but it isn’t a foregone conclusion.

Seen a few rumors that Rico starts but I can’t understand why? They will surely sit deep so we need attacking driving players like Nunes or Kovacic than a defensive type player?

Seen a few rumors that Rico starts but I can’t understand why? They will surely sit deep so we need attacking driving players like Nunes or Kovacic than a defensive type player?

If he does it'll surely be in midfield. He's a very good attacking midfielder, and he loves to get into the box.

decent praise from Wilder:

CHRIS WILDER takes Sheffield United toall-conquering Manchester City today admitting: "I'd be here even if we were in League Two."
Wilder recently returned to Bramall Lane following the sacking of Paul Heckingbottom and has so far mustered four points from five games, although the Blades continue to prop up the table.
Survival appears a mountainous task but Wilder's love for the club he supported as a child, played for and got promoted to the PREMIER LEAGUE in his first managerial spell meant he couldn't say no.
Wilder, 56, said: "I'd have been tempted back if we were in the fourth division because this is my football club.
"I came back to try and make a difference and help the club get out of this position.
"Of course it makes it special when you're playing at the highest level against worldclass teams like Manchester City .
"But as soon as the club made that call to me it was never in doubt that I wanted to return."
Wilder is aiming to bolster his squad with two or three key additions in January but must first concoct a game plan to stop Pep Guardiola's newly-crowned Club World Cup champions.
He added: "City have won five trophies in a calendar year and I just think their attitude is incredible.
"The manager sets that example and it reminds me of the great Liverpool sides in the 1970s and 1980s, and Manchester United in the 1990s and 2000s. Those great sides put their medals in a drawer and were at it again.
"They thought, 'We're not talking about what happened last year' and it's the same with Man City.
"When you talk about the great sides in english football history, this City team have got to be ranked right up there, if not the best."
Guardiola, chasing an unprecedented fourth successive top-flight english league title this season, has been credited with changing the face of football on these shores.
Wilder added: "Pep's had a huge effect on our game when you look at academies now - he's the best manager in the world and one of the all-time greats.
"There are different ways to play - no right or wrong way - and City have the resources to go and get technically the best players in the world.
"But tactically they're coached so well and they evolve, with John Stones coming inside from a centre-half and changing positions.
"City are always looking for the next improvement tactically as well as making their squad bigger and stronger."
City loanee James Mcatee (right) is ineligible to face his parent club while anel ahmedhodzic and Gustavo Hamer are suspended.
Wilder added: "We'll go with what we've got and be as competitive as possible."

Screen Shot 2023-12-30 at 11.32.54.png

It's odd how much the 'walkover' pops up, I guess people are just being fronty and giving it some etc, but time and again these teams sit so deep that the odd goal victory is what occurs. They're not exactly going to take us on at football, so City Vs 10 defenders it is! Don't care about a clean sheet myself, compared to the win

I often find that it's predicted by neutral fans and downright hostile ones, so they can set us up for a fall. That is, if we win by anything less than four, it's a kind of “defeat”. I honestly don't think I'm being too defensive. Often noticed it in pubs and suchlike.

I’m feeling uncharacteristically positive about today. We showed some bollocks in the second half against Everton and really need to batter these today to get into a groove.

Can't make the game today due to coming down with an ungodly cough, whats the availability of rivers like for 3pm prem games these days?

If you google the name of the match plus the name of the now closed Reddit subreddit you’ll find lots. The Reddit sub is closed but loads of them put its name in their site for SEO. Usually American ones for 3pm games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.