Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvarez playing as a 10 in kdbs role.

Gundogan and Bsilva double pivot.

Gomez wide left back with Grealish cutting in.

Of the fringe players its Gomez getting the big chance here rathee than Palmer, Lewis or Phillips it seems.
Lewis has really fallen back down the order of late.

He played well versus the rags in the home derby, seville away, and chelsea in the cup. He fucked up against Copenhagen (silly red) and had a few poor performances when the whole team wasn't performing. Otherwise, he hasn't been given a proper chance, has no real game time, etc. We need to know where we stand with him, so we can decide whether to keep him/loan him/sell him. A lot of people wrote him off, but I think he will come good. He is a typical Pep player since he has the right technical ability. On top of it, pausa, passing, crossing. Obviously, he seems to be not great defensively (learning, only been a left-back for one full season), but in our new system, he might fit in well. Pep knows best, anyway, so there must be a reason he is getting game time here and there, especially if he is starting today. Pep sees the players daily, how they perform in training, we need to trust him. Besides, Gomez is a boyhood blue and has a great attitude, so I wish people backed him up a little. Player of the season at Anderlecht, La Masia graduate, got some experience playing in La Liga, and he is still young too. KDB never even played for Wolfsburg yet at his age. Give him time.
Well yeah there’s all of that obviously but what about the fact that muppet that ‘text speaks’ his own username being disappointed? Did Pep not think about that?

Phillips must be absolutely gutted. How can he not be good enough to start today?
I have a sneaking suspicion that Pep hasn’t been happy with his training and/or limited performances since he returned from WC (even beyond the “overweight” comments) and this is one of his patented tests to see how Phillips reacts.

Does he sulk and stomp?

Or does he knuckle down and work harder for a place?

Fucking hell, not going easy on them then.

To be fair, Haaland barely ever plays the full 90 anyway. Usually gets his two or three goals and then gets hooked on about 60 minutes.

Cracking team, strikes a really good balance between regulars and guys that will come in and should do the job no problems at all.

I’ve a feeling Haaland has been itching for this - first chance to play at Wembley and I don’t think he wanted to miss out!

Grealish fit as a flea seems capable of playing game after game. Will be surprised if him and Erling go beyond the hour though all going well.

Get Phil on for last 25/30 if all is going to plan.

I’d gone for a solid 2-0 before hearing the line-up, I think it might be a touch more. Come on City!!!

I just realised from itv’s coverage intro that Jack Grealish is our poster boy, not our most potent player but our better looking one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.