Sheffield United Thread - 2023/24

Over the summer us and the Blades (Pigs & the Pigs if you're local :) have been in a competition to see who can f*ck up their pre-season the most.

It's been a highly fought contest with extreme levels of carnage, I think they probably just edge it.

Let's hope this thread is bouncing tonite ; )
Turned on at nil nil utd score immediately
Saw Blades equalise
Prob watch 2nd half in pub.

Over the summer us and the Blades (Pigs & the Pigs if you're local :) have been in a competition to see who can f*ck up their pre-season the most.

It's been a highly fought contest with extreme levels of carnage, I think they probably just edge it.
Peter Swales lives!

They're extremely limited. That scoreline last night says more about "The World's Greatest Club"™ than it does to the Blades, really. 1 point from nine games is poor. If you say that mid thirties might just keep you up (dubious), then they need 10 wins and 4 draws from their remaining 29 games. Not impossible, of course not. But I wouldn't be betting big money on them staying up.

They're extremely limited. That scoreline last night says more about "The World's Greatest Club"™ than it does to the Blades, really. 1 point from nine games is poor. If you say that mid thirties might just keep you up (dubious), then they need 10 wins and 4 draws from their remaining 29 games. Not impossible, of course not. But I wouldn't be betting big money on them staying up.
The last time they were in the Premier League. Didn't they not even get a win till at least halfway through the season. They had 2pts from 18 games (Wikipedia).

They still have to play Luton, Bournemouth and Burnley so they could get potential wins from those games.

I think they will get relegated but won't be worse than Derby 2008.

The last time they were in the Premier League. Didn't they not even get a win till at least halfway through the season. They had 2pts from 18 games (Wikipedia).

They still have to play Luton, Bournemouth and Burnley so they could get potential wins from those games.

I think they will get relegated but won't be worse than Derby 2008.
You've set a VERY low bar there, to be fair. That Jim Smith managed Derby County team was horrendous. 11 points, wasn't it? Mindyou; if you extrapolate Sheffield United's form over 38 games, they'll end up on 4.22222 points!

And no; I don't think even Owls fans think they'll end up with 4 points.

You've set a VERY low bar there, to be fair. That Jim Smith managed Derby County team was horrendous. 11 points, wasn't it? Mindyou; if you extrapolate Sheffield United's form over 38 games, they'll end up on 4.22222 points!

And no; I don't think even Owls fans think they'll end up with 4 points.
I think the manager was Billy Davies at the start of the season. Then he left after he complained about the board not backing him. Then Paul Jewell came and made them even worse and then they got relegated in March which no Premier League team has ever done that before them.

They only achieved 1 win all season and that was Newcastle.

Sheffield United will probably pick up points against the other struggling teams. I think they will probably get 16pts by end off the season.

I wish them well but they are going to struggle badly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.