Sheffield Utd (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see Pep playing Mendy again unless he really has too. I have a feeling he may now have run his course. He was hooked at Cheltenham after a pretty mediocre performance - by no means the first this season. We look miles better down the left with Zinchy at LB. If push comes to shove I can see Pep playing Laporte there ahead of picking Mendy.
I'd be delighted if Mendy can silence his critics, me included. I've previously been positive towards him and hoping he'll come good but it's as though he's larking around on the pitch and not taking the game seriously. He's probably in the last chance saloon now but I doubt he realises it.

I also thought Zinch looked to have lost form badly but he's proving he still has plenty to offer. He's doing a good job at the mo as a makeshift LB but the WBA game suggests he may be given more time in an advanced role.

We cannot afford to carry passengers and I feel Mendy is a player who will be gone in the summer. But what do I/we we know. Pep probably has plans for Mendy as a striker. lol: )

A few mentions on the thread for Sergio. I’m appalled with myself for writing this, but I’d actually forgotten all about him recently.

There was a similar game against Middlesbrough in November 2003. I do not think Borough had a shot on target but won one nil thanks to an own goal by Sun Jiah. Nice goal by Sun to be fair, just at the wrong end.
Was that the game Tiatto (I think) scored a brilliant solo goal? but it was disallowed as huckerby was stood offside

I'd be delighted if Mendy can silence his critics, me included. I've previously been positive towards him and hoping he'll come good but it's as though he's larking around on the pitch and not taking the game seriously. He's probably in the last chance saloon now but I doubt he realises it.

I also thought Zinch looked to have lost form badly but he's proving he still has plenty to offer. He's doing a good job at the mo as a makeshift LB but the WBA game suggests he may be given more time in an advanced role.

We cannot afford to carry passengers and I feel Mendy is a player who will be gone in the summer. But what do I/we we know. Pep probably has plans for Mendy as a striker. lol: )
I get the impression Pep doesn't trust Mendy but needs him to help with rotation and resting the players he does trust.
He will probably play against Swansea in the cup but unless we get through and draw another lower league team I doubt we'll see much more of him this season except a few minutes as a cameo or in an emergency.
Mendy has been unlucky with injuries and he's been well looked after by the club but he basically looks a shadow of the player we signed in 2017.
When he's played, teams have identified him as the weak link and targeted him, Leeds and Wolves immediately spring to mind and he was a liability against Leicester.
He's on a huge contract and any potential suitors for a player whose level has been hampered by the injuries he's had won't be able to afford him which in essence means he's probably going nowhere.
He comes across as a likeable guy and a positive influence in the dressing room.
I hope I'm wrong but he looks finished as an elite level player.

Agree 100% with all you say, apart from the "Mendy as a striker " bit ! Lol.

I can't see Pep playing Mendy again unless he really has too. I have a feeling he may now have run his course. He was hooked at Cheltenham after a pretty mediocre performance - by no means the first this season. We look miles better down the left with Zinchy at LB. If push comes to shove I can see Pep playing Laporte there ahead of picking Mendy.
Or Ake

Was that the game Tiatto (I think) scored a brilliant solo goal? but it was disallowed as huckerby was stood offsidethat was an a
Was that the game Tiatto (I think) scored a brilliant solo goal? but it was disallowed as huckerby was stood offside
I don’t think so, I seem to recall that being an away game but it was against Borough. Cracking goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.