Sheikh Khaled attempting to purchase Newcastle

Hmm. Two days later and still talk about it being finalised. Wouldn't be surprised if this didn't happen.

Incidentally, I continue to love the media reporting he's Sheikh Mansour's brother, no half brother, no quarter brother (WTF on that one!), cousin, not related, from Abu Dhabi, from Dubai, can't own two clubs, oh wait nothing to do with each other general total cluelessness around the whole thing.

The lack of comprehension thoroughly reinforces the suspicion that they just think all Arabs are the same.

It's amazing how unconscious racism reveals itself. At least I like to think it's unconscious.

A few years back I'd have said that all the stuff about racism was exaggerated and that the UK was a relatively fair and tolerant place. The reaction to Sheikh Mansour's takeover is one of the factors that has really opened my eyes. And it doesn't seem to be getting any better. The contrary, if anything.

It's amazing how unconscious racism reveals itself. At least I like to think it's unconscious.

A few years back I'd have said that all the stuff about racism was exaggerated and that the UK was a relatively fair and tolerant place. The reaction to Sheikh Mansour's takeover is one of the factors that has really opened my eyes. And it doesn't seem to be getting any better. The contrary, if anything.

I would strongly argue that it is - because we notice this kind of thing. We are a fair and tolerant place precisely because we point it out. Believe me, most countries don't, and don't think they have any problem with it, which is why there's bafflement at something like monkey chanting causing uproar.

The thing that rings alarm bells on this for me is the way it’s leaked out. Our takeover took everyone by surprise & nothing leaked out until the day it was announced. My Everton supporting friend said that the Sheikh was talking to Everton in 2008 but they wouldn’t commit to pre-contract confidentiality agreements. Don’t know how true that is.
I have heard the Everton rumour in the past. I also read somewhere in the last couple of weeks that Fulham were being looked at by ADUG around the time they bought City. Which I hadn't heard before. Is it bullshit?

I have heard the Everton rumour in the past. I also read somewhere in the last couple of weeks that Fulham were being looked at by ADUG around the time they bought City. Which I hadn't heard before. Is it bullshit?
If you dont shut down your ears you will eventually tune in to someone or other from every club, saying they were scouted by ADUG but "blah, blah, blah... sob story, bullshit!"
Adug buying a prem team is now akin to the City spectators at York away.... every fucker was in for it at the time!!!
Shoulda, woulda, coulda dont mean fuck all, cos they didnt-a!!!

Anyway, in answer to your question, I haven't a scooby doo!!

Not sure how 'unconscious' it is tbh. I posted something ages ago regarding OVERT and COVERT Racism. Someone hinted that there was little difference. I maintain that there IS a difference.

Too many people HIDE behind covert racism.

its not a done deal to the fat lady sings and the fat geordie fan takes his top off ????

smoke and mirrors maybe by mike ashley with a tac-tick in trying to pushing another deal that was in the pipeline before this deal was leaked, he knows somebody will be getting a great deal at £350 million with the market like it is today, and will hope if there is two people fighting over the club then its nailed on he's getting the asking price of £350million without getting undercut and a low price

mike ashly is a fool and should be investing his money in newcastle and not selling it ?? the market is strong and a ready made football club with a crazy fan base is what dreams are made of, and just a little bit of knowledge in the board room and the right people on the media team then you have a golden egg just like manchester city ?? ok maybe the boat has sailed with the FFP rules in europe and premier league but that can be handle with a short space of time in rebuilding. bonus is getting 50,000 fans already going to home games is a plus, the ground is OK maybe room for a revamp, but get the football at the right level and grow on the pitch before any idea or building bigger stands,

if i was a multi billionaire and wanting to invest in football newcastle would be my first choice of what is left ?? maybe everton would be another choice but everton needs a bigger project in ground building the football side is ok but not ripping up trees, so newcastle would be ideal for a up and coming club
I d jump all over Leeds to invest . Massive fan base one team city and a lot of history

I d jump all over Leeds to invest . Massive fan base one team city and a lot of history

Some fans (and im not saying you) class trophy wins as history... Leeds have won 3 league titles, 1 FA Cup and 1 League Cup. The Fairs Cup wasnt a UEFA competition and as such isnt classed as a major trophy, look at it like a European Full Members Cup, so they havnt much history there.

Bridemaids to so many weddings the greatest of course was the 1973 FA Cup Final against Sunderland.

Born from a club that was a disaster- Leeds City in 1919, theyve loads of history cheating, mugging, robbing and general thuggery both on and off the pitch. Yep full of history that lot and hopefully it stays in a division away from us!

Some fans (and im not saying you) class trophy wins as history... Leeds have won 3 league titles, 1 FA Cup and 1 League Cup. The Fairs Cup wasnt a UEFA competition and as such isnt classed as a major trophy, look at it like a European Full Members Cup, so they havnt much history there.

Bridemaids to so many weddings the greatest of course was the 1973 FA Cup Final against Sunderland.

Born from a club that was a disaster- Leeds City in 1919, theyve loads of history cheating, mugging, robbing and general thuggery both on and off the pitch. Yep full of history that lot and hopefully it stays in a division away from us!
All my family follow Leeds apart from me which is strange but there you go . Before I moved to Hungary I went to a lot of Leeds games and in there eyes they don’t class trophy’s as history as I don’t either . Call me old fashioned but I don’t get any joy from the likes of Bournemouth Norwich and the other small clubs in the premier . I suppose I have a soft spot for Leeds unlike the majority on here .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.