Sheikh Mansour get on this!

tolmie's hairdoo

Murdoch and his son are pissed because the government want to block News Corp's bid to buy up full control of BSkyB.

Ofcom under the media plurality rules would scupper plans for Murdoch £8 billion to buy up the remaining 61 per cent of BSkyb.

What better way for Sheikh Mansour and City to dicate at the top table than to buy the table?

A license to print money and bring all the Murdoch tentacles into line?

City TV could buy the stake and even contribute to our balance sheet?

Murdoch is no fool, there is bound to be a return.

Cracking idea... love the idea of thousands of armchair scum fans giving our owner their hard owned :-).

I have to suggest Murdoch does not give out £3bn in TV rights for nothing!

He must be making serious profits in this.

As long as TV rights remain a co-operative, this is a licence to print money and we should not ignore the opportunity.

£8bn - they would make it back and some over the years ahead - a long term investment.

Sky also has stakes in Star Asia, Germany, EVERYWHERE.

Not to mention the major plus point of us setting the agenda for the media!

Sheikh Mansour bought a stake on a TV station in the middle east last year, let them bid I say!

not sure he would be allowed to be honest. When murdoch tried to buy United years ago he was blocked becasue it was a conflict of interests

JoeMercer'sWay said:
is it financially viable? I mean will ADUG ever see a return on £8 billion when they'd have to bid for TV rights for everything.

ie. A massive Premier League TV deal renewal that would line the pockets of all our rivals?

How do you get that there would not be a return on the investment? You do know that Sky is very profitable, big Oremier League deal or not (actually due to the Premier League deal).

SWP's back said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
is it financially viable? I mean will ADUG ever see a return on £8 billion when they'd have to bid for TV rights for everything.

ie. A massive Premier League TV deal renewal that would line the pockets of all our rivals?

How do you get that there would not be a return on the investment? You do know that Sky is very profitable, big Oremier League deal or not (actually due to the Premier League deal).

i was asking from an ignorant standpoint on this subject.

All I know is PL TV money every year is a lot, which would be our owners funding every club.

Whether that in itself would even be allowed, I don't know, which is why I ask to be educated on the subject :)

JoeMercer'sWay said:
SWP's back said:

All I know is PL TV money every year is a lot, which would be our owners funding every club.

Whether that in itself would even be allowed, I don't know, which is why I ask to be educated on the subject :)

Ahh I see, sorry. The way this sort of investment works is that it is seen as long term (5 years plus) ie ADUG would take around 5 years before they erned their money back and after that it would be seen as profit.

PL TV money is a lot each year, but the money Sky make in advertising rights and subscriptions each year is greater than the amount that it gives away. As can be seen from their latest financial report:

Adjusted revenue up 11% to £5,912 million; reported revenue up 10%

Adjusted EBITDA of £1,192 million, up 11% Adjusted operating profit up 10% to £855 million; reported operating profit up 35% to £1,096 million

Record adjusted basic EPS of 31.1 pence, up 20%; basic EPS of 50.4 pence up 238%

Fourth quarter adjusted operating margin expands to 15.5%, moving through investments in HD and broadband

Adjusted free cash flow up 23% to £626 million; free cash flow including one-off receipts up 69% to £800 million Full year dividend increased by 10% to 19.40 pence per share, doubled in five years

So as you can see, it is highly profitable and has a revenue of just short of £6 Billion per year and an operating profit of £850M (enough to buy Utd debt!).

Also, it would not be ADUG directly funding our competitors, as they would just be a major shareholder in a company and would not contravene any current laws on the subject.

I'ld say that if the guy is allowed to invest in the title sponsor of the premier league then shares in sky won't be an issue.

Despite Sky's profitability would he really want to assocaite himself with mutv?

SWP's back said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Ahh I see, sorry. The way this sort of investment works is that it is seen as long term (5 years plus) ie ADUG would take around 5 years before they erned their money back and after that it would be seen as profit.

PL TV money is a lot each year, but the money Sky make in advertising rights and subscriptions each year is greater than the amount that it gives away. As can be seen from their latest financial report:

Adjusted revenue up 11% to £5,912 million; reported revenue up 10%

Adjusted EBITDA of £1,192 million, up 11% Adjusted operating profit up 10% to £855 million; reported operating profit up 35% to £1,096 million

Record adjusted basic EPS of 31.1 pence, up 20%; basic EPS of 50.4 pence up 238%

Fourth quarter adjusted operating margin expands to 15.5%, moving through investments in HD and broadband

Adjusted free cash flow up 23% to £626 million; free cash flow including one-off receipts up 69% to £800 million Full year dividend increased by 10% to 19.40 pence per share, doubled in five years

So as you can see, it is highly profitable and has a revenue of just short of £6 Billion per year and an operating profit of £850M (enough to buy Utd debt!).

Also, it would not be ADUG directly funding our competitors, as they would just be a major shareholder in a company and would not contravene any current laws on the subject.

that's what I wanted to know, thanks, can't see why not then if he's allowed then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.