Sheikh Mansour went to Spain

Did well in his first season but adding a couple of decent additions to a fantastic side he inherited more than anything else.

Following seasons, with United on the slide, it seemed a perfect time for us to dominate the league but we failed and in all honesty failed miserably.

For me the team looked lethargic, unfit and demotivated. Seemed a great bloke and behaved impeccably so will always be grateful for what he did achieve but from a footballing sense glad he moved on so we can push on.

Fernandinho might have something to say about that.

Demichelis and Lampard were two shrewd signings too.

I'm pretty sure we were chasing Dinho under Mancini.

Lampard and Demichelis were awful signings, I'm glad we've quashed that habit we got ourselves into, signing players past their prime just to fill in gaps in the squad.

Started brilliantly, had a mediocre next season, had an unacceptable third season. From breaking goal scoring records and winning the league to having the most unfit and unenthusiastic team in the league who could not turn up every now and again.

We - up to that time - played the best and worst football since the takeover under him.

I'm happy to see some remember him fondly. Haven't seen much bad words about him in this thread so maybe it's a misconception on my part that a lot of blues disliked him.

He has had a great managerial career, possibly lacking something to be thought of as the highest calibre but definitely has a dignity about him.

I'm pretty sure we were chasing Dinho under Mancini.

Lampard and Demichelis were awful signings, I'm glad we've quashed that habit we got ourselves into, signing players past their prime just to fill in gaps in the squad.

Demichelis??? Give over.... regardless if mother time caught up with him the following season, he was integral to the title win as dinho & Kun, costing a mere £4m to boot.

He began to really get on my nerves towards the end as there was no plan A nevermind a plan B, we were getting beaten by rubbish teams and getting hammered by half decent ones.

To be fair to him the club was on hold waiting for Pep, and 2014 was a great season, plus didn't his dad pass away very early into his tenure? He seemed to lose some of the enthusiasm he had at Malaga when with us, whether that was because of personal matters or him knowing he was basically a caretaker manager I don't know.

Best caretaker manager we ever had. Thanks Pellers.
This.

Came across as a humble man who wanted the best for the club. Some of the shit the media gave him in press conferences I dunno how he held back. Like Bobby I would like us to give him a great reception if he ever came back with a club.

I thought he was a good manager, and got a bit of a raw deal from some fans to be fair. Ageing squad which needed refreshing in his second season, which was again highlighted in Guardiola's first season.

Won the double in his first year, which can't be sniffed at, but think once the rumours of Pep's arrival was imminent, eyes were off the ball and, as mentioned, aging legs knackered his second season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.