Shell Profits £32.2 billion

Something has gone wrong with the matrix here.

Nothing has changed though, in reality when we were the richest country on the planet the rank and file in this green and pleasant land worked like Dogs and lived in sooty kennels to keep the rich rich.

To my simple mind prices go up if the cost goes up. People can't be using more energy than they would normally so the profits are not based on an increased demand. But if yer put the prices up without having to pay extra for the raw material you'll be quids in - well, billions of quids in! I should imagine that I'm pretty near reality, and I await the petro-economlists to tell us about the huge costs of what they do. It still doesn't explain how they have made such huge profits. I wonder if Clive is on BBC news tonight and he confirms we're being robbed.

There's also the racketeering element in the pump prices of fuel - prices go up a minute after there's a so-called increase, and months later they have dawdled down by a few pence when it became clear there was no need to increase in the first place. We are being ripped off left, right, and centre! I think that gap between the highest price for a litre - nearly £1-90 or more - back down to what it is now mid-£1-60s - was probably all oil company profit.

The success of this company is important as it carries the investment of many pension schemes. However, Shell reported, on the 6th January 2023, that they expect to pay UK tax for the first time in six years. This is where the real story is, and the government is compromised on the issue: Nadhim Zahawi - tax avoider; Rishi's wife - non dom; Rees-Mogg - business based in the Cayman Islands. Of course, papers like the Daily Mail fail to report on the issue, based in the tax haven of Bermuda as they are.

A recent report declared that, 'The UK has done more to harm international tax arrangements than any other nation.' Known as the global centre for tax avoidance, while ministers declare pay rises unaffordable, tax rises essential, and vital public services unsustainable, the UK electorate really needs to act.

my concern is this gives companies like Shell a benchmark on pricing, profitability. I suspect we'll never see the consumer energy price come down to pre 2021 pricing and in the long run we'll be pay the price whilst profits and dividends rise.

Also read that the Shell £32.B profit exceeds anything they have ever invested in re-newable energy.

There's also the racketeering element in the pump prices of fuel - prices go up a minute after there's a so-called increase, and months later they have dawdled down by a few pence when it became clear there was no need to increase in the first place. We are being ripped off left, right, and centre! I think that gap between the highest price for a litre - nearly £1-90 or more - back down to what it is now mid-£1-60s - was probably all oil company profit.
The CMA said that there was evidence that fuel retailers took part in rocket and feather pricing last year:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.