Shell Profits £32.2 billion

And that will go up even more from April, tories know they are going to lose next election so will do fuck all about it apart from take brown envelopes

TBF Truss tried to do something pretty radical about it but it quickly became clear government can’t ring fence us from it without us paying somewhere else.

Care needed here. Shell is a multi national operating in about 80 countries. Uk is a relatively small part, just 10% of the size of their US business. So most of these profits not earned in our market.

Last edited:
Even the most ardent adherent to free market Friedmanomics must concede that this is absolutely obscene.

No company should be tripling their already multi-billion dollar profits off the back of an illegal bloody war and by robbing the pockets of the poor.

I am very much pro-capitalism, I believe it an imperfect system but by far the best system we have in this world, but this is nothing more than disgusting greed and profiteering.

The energy and utilities sector has been long overdue for proper regulation. But such is their enormous lobbying power no politician will touch it, besides the cranks on the far left who have no realistic hope of getting in power to action change in the first place.

I am very much pro-capitalism, I believe it an imperfect system but by far the best system we have in this world, but this is nothing more than disgusting greed and profiteering.

The energy and utilities sector has been long overdue for proper regulation. But such is their enormous lobbying power no politician will touch it, besides the cranks on the far left who have no realistic hope of getting in power to action change in the first place.

And this here, is one of the very problems in existence.

Either you put a cap on capitalism or it spirals out of control, which is what was said years ago. The latter end of your post supports the issue.

Because of the "enormous lobbying power no politician will touch it", you were warned, by people like myself on BM, that you have big business running governments. Laughed at and ignored by sheep walking themselves into political abattoirs.

So, yes, it needs "cranks on the far left" to save a few sheep from themselves despite not getting into power.

Your taxes are going to subsidise the very businesses that take the profit and make you pay the bills they charge you and your taxes, also, constantly going to wars whilst you're supposed to 'suck it up'.

Not sure people want to see the jigsaw as a whole or keep seeing it in isolated pieces!

I really don't understand it. If the reason energy bills have gone up due to supply and demand how are they making bigger profits?
Can someone please explain how it all works?

my concern is this gives companies like Shell a benchmark on pricing, profitability. I suspect we'll never see the consumer energy price come down to pre 2021 pricing and in the long run we'll be pay the price whilst profits and dividends rise.

Also read that the Shell £32.B profit exceeds anything they have ever invested in re-newable energy.
I’ve recently noticed that some of the shell forecourts are being re vamped. And to add to that they are offering an in store Waitrose. How much money do they think we’ve all got?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.