Shingles

inchy14 said:
JM Mcr said:
CityFan94 said:
Phil Jones should never play for England again after this.

Fergie was obviously annoyed at Jones being in the U21s and pulled him out saying he had shingles. For Jones to play at the weekend was a disgrace.

Once again, Fergie was raging, this time at Pearce for exposing his blatant lies.

It should be announced that Phil Jones should never play for England again - or a long ban at minimum. Then see how often they pull out of squads and lie.
didn't a poster on here say they had shingles once and were only off work for a day or 2? maybe it depends on the severity of the case, maybe he still has it but is over the worst and playing on in discomfort, maybe he made a quicker than expected recovery and was extremely lucky to only miss 2 games (remember he also missed Utd's away match at Fulham so didn't play for 10 days), but given that England's doctors get access to his records and can even examine him, don't you think it would be a bit daft to make up a case of shingles rather than just a tight hamstring, knock on the knee, twisted ankle or even a 48 hour dodgy tummy? It all seems a bit elaborate to me.....

His shingles was obviously as bad as Carricks hip injury then..
That's sort of my point, Carrick withdrew because of a minor knock.....whatever we think of the practice, teams have been withdrawing players from international friendlies for years with minor knocks or niggling injuries, why go to the trouble of inventing such an easily verifiable illness as shingles if it isn't true?

The thing is though, if you catch shingles early enough, when it is still 'wet', it is easily cured and you don't suffer the long term effects of the illness.

I have no doubt that, given the cosseted world players live in these days, he will have noticed something wrong and a doctor would have diagnosed the condition before his rash went dry, and in that case, he will have been back, feeling fine, in a few days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.