Shooting at Mandalay Bay Resort (Las Vegas)

I sat staring at the screen for about 30 minutes trying to formulate a reply that did not come across as me essentially calling him a bit dim in his reasoning. It is desperately difficult to do because they have regressed into absolutes and we all know who deal in absolutes hehe. Seriously though they have set their stall and at the very core of it your telling them they are wrong. The best i could do was use water as an example. We are at it's mercy, it drowns us, destroys our city's. It also is our life source, besides the sun we simply do not exist without it; without guns we would be just fine.

No idea if it got through or not as i had to go afk.
I think you may have to rationalise 'feelings' with 'realistic possibility' on this one. Anybody that suggests a ban on gun possesion within the USA either hasn't lived there long enough or is extremely naive towards the importance of constitutional rights within the USA. We don't have this in the UK, we don't really understand it and probably never will. It's sometihng that us in the UK need to begin to understand 'before' we feel educated enough to suggest what the States of America should be doing. It's no suprise that supposed know it all's like Piers Morgan et al all get hounded out of the place with their 'know it all' rhetoric - and rightly so. The constitution is of paramount importance to the majority of Americans - something we in the UK don't understand and probably never will understand. Until we've lived and breathed a constitution that tells us we have the right to keep and bear arms, we shouldn't be too quick to meddle. It's none of our business in the UK - and it should remain that way. I spent a long long time in the USA and although I don't entirely advocate the use of guns, I absolutely understand the difficulty that the country is facing.

Last edited:
Not seen this before. Shots were fired 30 seconds before he started firing into the crowd. He must've of been shooting the windows out.
Also rumors of a second shooter at the Delano hotel, but it looks like a light to me

A coworker of mine (for real, not me) was robbed one night. The guy had a gun, pointed it at him and demanded his wallet and phone. Coworker had just parked his motorcycle on a street in a city that 100% of the people reading this will have heard of.

Coworker said sure pal, hold my helmet. I'll get you my wallet and phone. Robber took the helmet and coworker promptly pulled out his pistol and shot the robber dead.on the spot.

The local police department cleared him.on the spot. The robber chose poorly in a city where most do not have firearms...
so your "coworker" is a murderer then, nice to see them roaming the streets unpunished

Not seen this before. Shots were fired 30 seconds before he started firing into the crowd. He must've of been shooting the windows out.
Also rumors of a second shooter at the Delano hotel, but it looks like a light to me

Listen at 5m07s those bullets are less than 3m away from him going past.

Some interesting footage that.

Shows the futility of life; if you were towards the back like those in the footage, you had a decent chance to get away unscathed. If you were slap bang in the middle of the crowd, with no shelter from the stage construction, you were just sitting ducks as the bullets rained down.

A coworker of mine (for real, not me) was robbed one night. The guy had a gun, pointed it at him and demanded his wallet and phone. Coworker had just parked his motorcycle on a street in a city that 100% of the people reading this will have heard of.

Coworker said sure pal, hold my helmet. I'll get you my wallet and phone. Robber took the helmet and coworker promptly pulled out his pistol and shot the robber dead.on the spot.

The local police department cleared him.on the spot. The robber chose poorly in a city where most do not have firearms...

That just sums up how fucked up America is. The death sentence for robbery and a Sherif can make that call on the spot.

Unbefuckingleavable.

That just sums up how fucked up America is. The death sentence for robbery and a Sherif can make that call on the spot.

Unbefuckingleavable.

When I was stationed in Belize in the 80’s we were briefed to hand over our money etc. If confronted downtown... if we were brave enough we asked for our ID cards back.... in this situation if the guy had handed over his wallet the other guy would have Walked....

The fact that his actions were condoned does not make them right though I get the feeling that he would have been lauded for his actions by friends and the poster who shared the story...

More proof if that were needed that the USA is one fucked up place

I think you may have to rationalise 'feelings' with 'realistic possibility' on this one. Anybody that suggests a ban on gun possession within the USA either hasn't lived there long enough or is extremely naive towards the importance of constitutional rights within the USA. We don't have this in the UK, we don't really understand it and probably never will. It's something that us in the UK need to begin to understand 'before' we feel educated enough to suggest what the States of America should be doing. It's no surprise that supposed know it all's like Piers Morgan et al all get hounded out of the place with their 'know it all' rhetoric - and rightly so. The constitution is of paramount importance to the majority of Americans - something we in the UK don't understand and probably never will understand. Until we've lived and breathed a constitution that tells us we have the right to keep and bear arms, we shouldn't be too quick to meddle. It's none of our business in the UK - and it should remain that way. I spent a long long time in the USA and although I don't entirely advocate the use of guns, I absolutely understand the difficulty that the country is facing.
Constitutional rights? Do me a favour, the 2nd amendment reads as follows:
  • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
That was ratified on the 15th December 1791, and was because if the US ever wished to raise a body of men to form an army they would already be in possession of a firearm. The firearms available in those days were mainly flintlock rifles, try firing hundreds of rounds per minute with one of those.

How can the NRA and politicians keep spouting the 2nd amendment when it is so obviously completely out of date and was not written for the purpose that they are clinging to today.

By the way the the male population over the age of 16 in the 1790's was just over 800 thousand.

Constitutional rights? Do me a favour, the 2nd amendment reads as follows:
  • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
That was ratified on the 15th December 1791, and was because if the US ever wished to raise a body of men to form an army they would already be in possession of a firearm. The firearms available in those days were mainly flintlock rifles, try firing hundreds of rounds per minute with one of those.

How can the NRA and politicians keep spouting the 2nd amendment when it is so obviously completely out of date and was not written for the purpose that they are clinging to today.

By the way the the male population over the age of 16 in the 1790's was just over 800 thousand.
Most of the NRA and politicians who oppose gun control are led by a storybook written well over 1500 Years ago. The 2nd amendment, being a mere 200+ years old is a contemporary piece.

inchy14 wrote:
How many times has your home been invaded?

Never. Chicken or egg?

You live in a gated community with security devices in your home yet you still feel the need to own a gun, living in paranoia sounds like fun. Christ home is probably the safest environment you’ll be in. I’m honestly confused by your stance unless you’ve actually been burgled and had your families lives threatened.

I don’t live in a gated community, I live on a 24 acre park, with a church mission around the corner. During the day, it is idyllic, but at night we have the occasional person roaming the park (or sleeping rough) waiting for the morning soup kitchen. Often, they are moved on by the Police, but they have to see them from their car, so they get wise to where they can sleep.

As I mentioned earlier, my next door neighbor has been burgled by a gang of teens. Upon questioning, the target was my house but they couldn’t get in without breaking windows and making noise, so they got in through my next door neighbors garage. I travel for a living, so I have an alarm system to protect my wife and home when I’m not home, and we have a dog. However, as someone trained in the use of handguns, we have an added layer of security. That’s it. I don’t walk around like Wyatt Earp and I don’t feel paranoid or “under siege,” as someone else described it. I am one of the millions of gun owners who have one, maintain a level of competency by regularly going to the range (which is usually full on a Tuesday morning when I go!), and keep it safely locked in a gun safe in my home. I am the poster child of responsible gun owner, and I don’t worry about my safety because I have done everything a responsible adult home owner can do to protect their family.

Put another way, these guys....

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s/violent-burglar-stabbed-two-people-13754370

...end up with a death sentence if they try this at my house. I can live with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.