short corners.

Bill

never liked them never will but for us to play a short corner yesterday in the dying seconds was nothing short of criminal. with the size of our players we should always pump in it straight in the box, add joe hart to the mix and it makes it unforgivable.

amateurs.

Agreed. As if it weren't bad enough that we were down a goal, playing a short corner with no time left was an abortion of an idea.

Also, throw-ins....SORT IT THE FUCK OUT!!!! I've never seen a group of players so averse to receiving a throw-in. We hardly ever check to the thrower and always resort to throwing a 50/50 ball down the line...usually resulting in losing possession. It's almost as if we WANT to give the ball back....

It was a good job that Hart was in the penalty box at the time, or I'm sure Clichy would have passed it all the way back to him otherwise!

It's all about mentality at this stage. And even little incidents take on a significant meaning.

I quite like short corners and we have caught teams out with them a few times this season. There is indeed a time and a place for everything though...

This has been a pet hate of mine for some time. We get minimal success from short corners yet still insist on trying it, players a clueless at times. 2 goals in the last 6 away games, both from set pieces !! Come on City wake up and smell the fucking coffee...

Nothing wrong with short corners if you are attempting to gain a more advantageous angle from which to deliver the perfect cross, but unfortunately after the short corner, at the pace we have been playing lately, the defence reorganises, our giants from defence have moved out of the penalty area and the chance has gone. With Dzeko on the pitch, reinforced with Lescott, Kompany and Richards we should be pinging in centres left, right and left again. Trouble is, too many times we hit the first defender?

In defense, I think the tactic behind the short corner was to commit defenders to come out of the box and then put in an outswinging ball, making it difficult for the keeper to come and collect it. It was just poorly executed.

Mancini can only do so much in his preperation. Its all down to the 11 that cross the white line to play the tactics he sets out. he tried to help them by adding extra fire power upfront by taking Barry off.

Our normal first line of defense (ie pressing hard upfront without the ball) works very well when done properly. The lads just didn't do it yesterday, they all looked lazy. Balo showed some good skill in parts with the ball but didn't do anywhere enough work without it. and he wasn't alone (this is not a Balo bashing comment)

They would of got a right earful from Mancini at full time. They will regroup, train hard this week, and put it right against Chelsea. Back to the City we have seen where we give no team to settle on the ball.

Theres times when we can surrender posession to a team you know are not going to hurt you in the final third, but to allow a team like Swansea who move the ball well and fast around you was suicide.

Fustrating - yes, end of the world - Certainly not.

The short corner worked great in the semi-final last year with Johnson and Silva. Generally i like it but agree that yesterday in the 94th minute the ball should have been put in the mixer.

short corners, long corners... got to mix it up as much as we do, has been effective but last few minutes needed direct play and higher tempo, we juwst looked leggy and tired. Euro hangover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.