Short European breaks

Bruges. Great town with the best beer cafe in Western Europe - it is the t'Brugs Biertje at No 5 Kemelstraat, with a beer menu of over 300 beers, each with its own named glass. Some wonderful beers, and the staff are happy to advise. (Not much in the way of grub). Belgium is the beer hub of the world.
Dusseldorf was mentioned too. The best boozing venue there is the zum Uerige in the old town (Altstadt), where the beer is brewed on the premises and the waiter comes round every ten minutes and serves you another glassful unless you stop him (20cl glasses). He (always a he) marks your beer mat with a pencil and you pay when you leave according to all your marks.The beer is superb as well and very little choice - not that you need it.
I'd be happy to have a break in either of these places.

Seville
Bratislava
Munich
Verona
Istanbul
Galway
Budapest
Porto
Cologne

Would like to visit....Riga, Vilnius, Tallinn, Valencia, Ljubljana, Dubrovnik, Tirana, Bucharest.

Fuck, I love travel.

Tirana was alright. Nothing to write home about though. You want Blloku to stay in.

Seville
Bratislava
Munich
Verona
Istanbul
Galway
Budapest
Porto
Cologne

Would like to visit....Riga, Vilnius, Tallinn, Valencia, Ljubljana, Dubrovnik, Tirana, Bucharest.

Fuck, I love travel.

bratislava is a great place, went for a stag do about 3 years ago definitely recommend the place

Riga is very chilled, but quite a pleasant place. Not sure I'd recommend it at the end of November though! Good to hear that Vilnius is worth a visit.

Bern or Lucerne in Switzerland; easy to get around the area on the train if you want to.
Florence if you like art.
Vienna because it's Vienna.
Copenhagen is pretty good.
Went to Cologne for a few days in December a few years back - good place to visit.
Strasbourg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.