Should City pause the season card DD scheme?

I have £225 due to go out at the end of this month, it won't be there - we need the money we do have to eat and pay real bills.

To be honest, I think I will be done with football and will be playing catch up from far too back to contemplate committing to another season ticket for next year.

The complete inane and insulting discussions from within football during this time has left me utterly cold.

Thankfully, the players will have the final say and they will refuse to play for as long as they feel the need to do so, empty stadiums or not.

Not having a dig at City but football in general has taken fans for granted for far too long. The greed and hypocrisy is all too obvious. Football will take a monstrous financial hit from all of this and many clubs will struggle to survive. The real challenge is going to be whether the dinosaurs can adapt to the new reality... and I seriously doubt they will.

It really is academic that they can't attend matches that will most likely never be paid - the point is a club with no cash or income is offering a full refund with the majority share holder making a point. It is the complete opposite at City.

The Club may suspend the April DD payment, deduct a third (approx) off next year’s season card prices or issue refunds. I’m confident the Club will make a fair decision. We have already seen recent repayments for the Madrid game and a commitment to pay staff for cancelled games that’s been pretty good IMHO. The Club have also said Blues can discuss DD payments with Supporter Services if they are struggling.

I’m losing a lot of work / money because of the pandemic and help from City would be a bonus. However, There’s some posters (not you) who are claiming they the Club is using the pandemic to exploit fans. The evidence, if anything, is in the opposite direction.

I know a few examples have been quoted of benevolent owners but I don’t see Brighton’s offer as anything special. We probably give away more tickets to school groups than Brighton are offering NHS workers. Likewise, what Accrington have done is great but most our fans prefer to see KDB in midfield than the local postie or butcher.

The Club may suspend the April DD payment, deduct a third (approx) off next year’s season card prices or issue refunds. I’m confident the Club will make a fair decision. We have already seen recent repayments for the Madrid game and a commitment to pay staff for cancelled games that’s been pretty good IMHO. The Club have also said Blues can discuss DD payments with Supporter Services if they are struggling.

I’m losing a lot of work / money because of the pandemic and help from City would be a bonus. However, There’s some posters (not you) who are claiming they the Club is using the pandemic to exploit fans. The evidence, if anything, is in the opposite direction.

I know a few examples have been quoted of benevolent owners but I don’t see Brighton’s offer as anything special. We probably give away more tickets to school groups than Brighton are offering NHS workers. Likewise, what Accrington have done is great but most our fans prefer to see KDB in midfield than the local postie or butcher.

Accrington's players are professional footballers, not posties or butchers, on no more than £1000-£1500 a week. They survive on gate receipts alone. Doing what they have done could put them in financial difficulty, even in ruins but they have done to morally correct thing as a football club and not a football business. A little respect to them would not go amis.

What is the difference between a local 5 a-side centre continuing to take block bookings money out of their customers accounts when the venue is not available and Manchester City continuing to take season card money out of their customers accounts when the product is not available?

The difference is Manchester City has other revenue to continue to pay their employees where as the local 5 a-side centre doesn't. Yet the smaller business is being responsive and doing the correct thing and the bigger business is continuing as normal.

Accrington's players are professional footballers, on no more than £1000-£1500 a week. They survive on gate receipts alone. Doing what they have done could put them in financial difficulty, even in ruins but they have done to morally correct thing as a football club and not a football business. A little respect to them would not go amis.

What is the difference between a local 5 a-side centre continuing to take block bookings money out of their customers accounts when the venue is not available and Manchester City continuing to take season card money out of their customers accounts when the product is not available?

The difference is Manchester City has other revenue to continue to pay their employees where as the local 5 a-side centre doesn't. Yet the smaller business is being responsive and doing the correct thing and the bigger business is continuing as normal.

I don’t know what our cash flow position is but our liquidity would have reduced by about £2mil from the Real Madrid refunds alone. There’s probably another 500k gone paying for casual / match day staff and we have a lot of other costs from the cancelled Prem games. A big issue that you highlighted in another post is the excessive pay of players that the Club can’t really do much about in the short term.

move seen Accrington play and yes they are of a good standard but I couldn’t see the Etihad who gets accepting their standard of play.

For me it comes down to this, I agreed to pay a certain value for a season card. It would be handy to have the April DD amount in my pocket but I wouldn’t Welch on an agreement by cancelling my direct debit. Any Blues who can no longer afford the payment are encouraged to call Supporter Services to talk this through. I am sure City would show some flexibility.

I will finish with an example of why you comparing City with Mike Ashley was wide of the Mark mate.

I don’t know what our cash flow position is but our liquidity would have reduced by about £2mil from the Real Madrid refunds alone. There’s probably another 500k gone paying for casual / match day staff and we have a lot of other costs from the cancelled Prem games. A big issue that you highlighted in another post is the excessive pay of players that the Club can’t really do much about in the short term.

move seen Accrington play and yes they are of a good standard but I couldn’t see the Etihad who gets accepting their standard of play.

For me it comes down to this, I agreed to pay a certain value for a season card. It would be handy to have the April DD amount in my pocket but I wouldn’t Welch on an agreement by cancelling my direct debit. Any Blues who can no longer afford the payment are encouraged to call Supporter Services to talk this through. I am sure City would show some flexibility.

I will finish with an example of why you comparing City with Mike Ashley was wide of the Mark mate.

I did initially state that i'm aware that we do a lot of community work and charity which your embedded tweet reiterates. The comparison to Mike Ashley and Sports Direct is purely on an executive level. Im a cynic but i highly doubt Soriano and co have come up with this initiative, I would imagine it would be some kind hearted employee. Just like that period when CityTV got the City players to visit fans who were ill etc. Made for great TV and PR and was fantastic to see but i would imagine that idea would have come from someone in the Media Department using the club to spread some joy.

They haven’t contacted my old man, or any of their neighbours

Likewise, what Accrington have done is great but most our fans prefer to see KDB in midfield than the local postie or butcher.

Before our club had the financial clout to enable us to purchase KDB and others, ive seen a fair few players in City first team who you thought that they maybe better suited for one of those roles. However, i think i would preferred if you had ended your statement with " what Accrington have done is great..." rather than have added the latter part. If what they did is great, then leave it at that.

If you want to clarify that the two clubs are not comparable and or add what you feel City may or may not do or what you are confident they may do or give examples of what City have done, then thats cool. Its just on first reading it sounds well something the daily fail would love to pluck off the forum and spin. Our friends in the media and certain executives in Continental Europe are trying their best to ensure, that in a few years, we will be in same league as Accrington anyway...

Before our club had the financial clout to enable us to purchase KDB and others, ive seen a fair few players in City first team who you thought that they maybe better suited for one of those roles. However, i think i would preferred if you had ended your statement with " what Accrington have done is great..." rather than have added the latter part. If what they did is great, then leave it at that.

If you want to clarify that the two clubs are not comparable and or add what you feel City may or may not do or what you are confident they may do or give examples of what City have done, then thats cool. Its just on first reading it sounds well something the daily fail would love to pluck off the forum and spin. Our friends in the media and certain executives in Continental Europe are trying their best to ensure, that in a few years, we will be in same league as Accrington anyway...

I’ve watched plenty of semi pro football and Accrington are clearly a notch or two up from that. Yes we are no comparable but it doesn’t change the fact that it was a good gesture from Accrington. If helps you, I would much rather watch KDB than Kevin Horlock.

Btw the Guardian are our biggest critics these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.