Should England have picked Arteta?

sam221985

A midfielder who can actually keep hold of the ball, pick a decent pass on the ground and knows the value of possession?

All the other major teams have a player or two of dubious nationality. And we already have a foreign coach FFS.

the talk about Almunia was ridiculous (purely because he's shite) but we really should have considered Arteta to be honest.

And while we're on the subject, not that it's any concern of mine, but Scotland could probably do with Nacho Novo.

Are the English and Scottish Football Associations shooting themselves in the foot with this agreement not to pick players who are only eligible through citizenship? I say yes.

Presumably the Irish don't care much seeing as the likes of Andy Townsend and Cascarino et al were picked on the ground that their great-granny once drank a Guinness or something, which you could argue is actually much more frivolous than actually living and working in a country for five years and gaining deserved eligibility because you've become a part of that society..

i know the england cricket team is actually the united nations,and the German team is full of "naturalized" players,but to me it would be an admission of failure if we had to pick a spaniard (or any other nationality for that) for the england football team!

quiet_riot said:
ardwickboy said:
The English for England only, so the answer to your question is NO NO NO

England have an Italian managing them, what's the difference, really?

that shouldn't be happening neither and hopefully it ends soon. only english should manage england.

haller said:
quiet_riot said:
England have an Italian managing them, what's the difference, really?

that shouldn't be happening neither and hopefully it ends soon. only english should manage england.

I agree, but while the rules are so lax, someone like Arteta, who is miles better than some of the shite in the squad, would do wonders. Capello should at least ask the question, IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.