Should I feed a neighbours cat?

BlueMoonRisin’

I've mentioned on BM before I feed a neighbours cat. Been feeding it almost every day since last Christmas. It was a bag a bones then and very timid. Any sudden noise or movement from me and she was scared stiff.

Thing is my ex Mrs has 4 cats nowadays and she says the cat (my youngest has named 'sweets') may have food allergies.

It's at my door early morning and late afternoon so if it's owner is feeding it can't be getting much food. I fed it I've of those poncy posh gourmet tubs earlier and sweets wolfed it back, poor thing. My ex Mrs cats won't eat it but sweets looked like she enjoyed it.

I'd like to adopt it and give her owner a piece of my mind as I hate animal cruelty, although I can't prove its being neglected and suffering cruelty

Thoughts?

All the cats I have had over the years would happily eat full meals at neighbours houses and stay with them for a day or two despite having food at their beck and call and a warm safe environment at our house. All cats are timid, they never accept human contact immediately like a dog does. We had one that was terrified of everything, any noise, any sudden movement, despite never being mistreated at home.

What makes you think it is being dealt with cruelly?

I don’t think cats attach themselves to humans like dogs do.

Either phone the RSPCA or let evolution take its course.

Some of the cats near me have been left to the vicissitudes of natural selection and they really have evolved and become pretty dangerous. I'm pretty sure some of the fuckers are vandalising my plants.

All the cats I have had over the years would happily eat full meals at neighbours houses and stay with them for a day or two despite having food at their beck and call and a warm safe environment at our house. All cats are timid, they never accept human contact immediately like a dog does. We had one that was terrified of everything, any noise, any sudden movement, despite never being mistreated at home.

What makes you think it is being dealt with cruelly?

I don’t think cats attach themselves to humans like dogs do.
Like I said she seems frightened of noises and sudden movement. My ex says that a happy cat raises its tail and hooks the end of its tail to show its content. Is this true as I don't know much about cats.

She brushes up against my legs whilst meowing as I'm trying to feed her. Sometimes she seems so ravenous she won't give me time to put it on the as she's trying to nose it.

I feed he's the assortment of seafood sachets from Aldi, sometimes twice a day. Also give her dried food which she isn't keen on.

Is this ok, am I giving her too much? She looks a lot healthier nowadays, bright eyed and shiny fur so I guess she's happy enough. Although I am concerned she'd still suffering some form of cruelty though.

Last edited:
I've mentioned on BM before I feed a neighbours cat. Been feeding it almost every day since last Christmas. It was a bag a bones then and very timid. Any sudden noise or movement from me and she was scared stiff.

Thing is my ex Mrs has 4 cats nowadays and she says the cat (my youngest has named 'sweets') may have food allergies.

It's at my door early morning and late afternoon so if it's owner is feeding it can't be getting much food. I fed it I've of those poncy posh gourmet tubs earlier and sweets wolfed it back, poor thing. My ex Mrs cats won't eat it but sweets looked like she enjoyed it.

I'd like to adopt it and give her owner a piece of my mind as I hate animal cruelty, although I can't prove its being neglected and suffering cruelty

Thoughts?

If the animal is hungry and in need of food then feed it. Well done. A word in the cunts who own it ear might be in order. There may be reasons so I would go easy but if they are neglecting it that’s a different matter.

As I said we had several cats, one for 8 years, found as a stray, that was terrified of any sudden movement or noise. It spent most of its life hiding in the house despite us showing it nothing but affection. It was well fed, regularly checked out at the vet, allowed out when it wanted to go out. It never changed it’s level of timidity from day one until it sadly died of kidney failure.

I think timidity is a character of cats. Round here there have been two cats posted missing lately. Oddly both turned up at our patio window miaowing on separate occasions before we knew that they were lost. Both times I opened the patio door to see if I could check for collars and they both scarpered before they’d let me near them.

If the animal is hungry and in need of food then feed it. Well done. A word in the cunts who own it ear might be in order. There may be reasons so I would go easy but if they are neglecting it that’s a different matter.
It has a collar on and her name is princess. A neighbour told me she lives behind my house. She always seems hungry MP and I can't not feed her. I'm not a cat lover as such but I have become quite attached to sweets: )

It has a collar on and her name is princess. A neighbour told me she lives behind my house. She always seems hungry MP and I can't not feed her. I'm not a cat lover as such but I have become quite attached to sweets: )

Well I’m in your corner with what you are doing.

If you know who it belongs to, I'd suggest going and having a polite word with them. Just let them know that it's regularly round yours looking for food. There could be various reasons and you'll never know til you pop round and mention it. The owner may be delighted for you to officially adopt it and take it off their hands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.