Should the transfer window close when the season starts

There was nothing wrong with the way it used to be, when I think the window closed in the last Thursday in March.

If there's restrictions on squad size and make up like there is now, I don't see a problem.

There certainly didn't seem any problems back in the old days.

Go Full American - every club gets 1 wildcard move outside the window if its a club record or someone niche requirement.

I know we generally detest American ideas in footy but I genuinely think they have a good one regarding transfers.

What they do is.. there's no summer transfer window.. the window is open until 60% of the season is done (usually jan 31st) and then it locks for the run in till season's over.

We're a lot less likely to buy wrong players if we're not rushed so I see that as a positive!

If football employment ran like any other business there wouldn't be transfers at all, there would be employees seeing out a contract or being released or fired depending on circumstance and then finding a new employer.
You mean like a FREE transfer - not sure but I think I've heard of those ;)

I know we generally detest American ideas in footy but I genuinely think they have a good one regarding transfers.

What they do is.. there's no summer transfer window.. the window is open until 60% of the season is done (usually jan 31st) and then it locks for the run in till season's over.

We're a lot less likely to buy wrong players if we're not rushed so I see that as a positive!
We're not rushed though. We have a full 12 months between one summer window and the next one

There was nothing wrong with the way it used to be, when I think the window closed in the last Thursday in March.

If there's restrictions on squad size and make up like there is now, I don't see a problem.

There certainly didn't seem any problems back in the old days.
I think the issue may have been around teams buying to stop other teams getting above them?? (Jon Maken says hi at this point - £5m spunked by us allegedly to stop him going to rivals in the February of the last season before transfer windows were introduced 2002)
For me business is business, I reckon these days you'd pay a large premium to sign a player mid-season - as January generally proves.
I don't really care either way as football changes constantly these days to protect the "history" clubs

It’s not American though it’s what we had before the introduction of windows, think the transfer deadline was about March. or around then.

It’s not American though it’s what we had before the introduction of windows, think the transfer deadline was about March. or around then.

So why would Europeans introduce stupidity into the system?

Did it make too much common sense that it become lax and boring? Or did Fabrizio Romano and Shite Sports bribe EUFA?

So why would Europeans introduce stupidity into the system?

Did it make too much common sense that it become lax and boring? Or did Fabrizio Romano and Shite Sports bribe EUFA?
Not sure it had anything to do with Europe, and it was well before Romano and social media.Think the reason was to stop big clubs raiding smaller clubs whenever they felt like it and disrupting their planning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.