Should We Get a New Badge?

Bellamy's Caddy

Now apologies if this has been covered, I'm new on here so am not sure, But couldn't see anything too recent on this topic (admitidly didn't look that hard)

Anyways, I really hate the badge we have at the moment. The eagle is horrible and the 3 stars thing just leaves us open to ridicule from other teams supporters, who ask 'how many european cups have you won?'
I loved the old badge and whilst it might look a bit dated now, surely the kit designer could come up with a modern version.

I'm posting this mainly out of interest to see if I'm alone in thinking the current badge is one of the worst in the league, and also to see if people would be prepared to support this idea if I were to take this to the club. One of the first things Lerner did at Villa was listen to the fans and get their badge changed. Seeing as Sheikh Mansour, ADUG, Garry Cook etc have been fantastic in getting the fans involved and rumours of season ticket reductions for next season are encouraging....I hope they'd be receptive to this idea as well. But, if people do want the badge changing we need to let them know quickly so it can be on next season's kit, otherwise it's going to be at least 2 years before we get to slay the dragon/eagle.....

Your thoughts please...

I'd love us to revert to our old club badge, or at least something like it..........the eagle & stars thing is utter shit.

The eagle doesn't bother me, but the stars have got to go.

(Although in a few years time we will hopefully be putting them back on ;) )

We should definitely get a new badge. And all the reports suggest we are? is this right?

I thought that Cook had hinted it would change - not that I am that bothered - I don't mind the old or the new badge - if I am really honest I'd quite like us to use the Manchester coat of arms - as per Wembley shirts but not sure if we could get a deal to use it - but that looks really good and is a vital part of our collective history and we have worn it in our finest moments.

The 'horrible eagle' is in fact, part of Manchesters heritage:
manchestereagle.jpg

Manchester Corporation Coat of Arms

I'd like the keep the crest as it is, maybe ditch the stars and enclose the whole thing with a cricle like this:

New_Crest.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.