Sibierski on Soccer AM

n_mcfc said:
Listen to the interview he did with Ian Cheeseman on GMR a few weeks ago.

It's a very good listen. He says how he still loves City but he was basically shafted by Pearce and played out of position constantly. With the exception of that game against Birmingham which someone has already posted.
In fairness Pearce gets the blame for Keegans managerial failings. Keegan brought us up and the first season built a decent team with plenty of potential. From there he replaced Ali b and berkovic with slow oldies near the end of their careers or players who were distinctly average with no passion for the club. Sibierski was a prime example of the latter. To say he gave 100% at all times is bullshit. I remember the fa cup derby at the swamp where they were down to ten men for an hour. Sibierski was pathetic. He was losing his man on the corners and not tracking back. Nothing against the fella he was just poor. When Pearce came in he had a team of Sibierskis and an almost none existent budget. So in a nutshell, Pearce takes no blame for Sibierski and his shite performances.the truth is he was never good enough.

i loved tony sib, he stayed around manchester (well warrington) after he left us. his daughter was in the year above me in my college as well, tragic news but im happy he's doing well.

I liked him, don't think he always got enough credit while he was at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.