Sicily

BimboBob said:
I appear to be going to this island in the morning for 10 days. Has anyone been before? Tips? Good places to visit?

Spent far too much time there in the early/mid 90's thanks to our Balkan friends.

I recommend a visit to Taormina and a trip up Etna. We went skiing in the morning then drove to the beach for a dip in the afternoon on one off day.

blue fingers said:
Corleone- of Godfather fame if you're a fan

Not far from where I'm staying. Mate owns a Villa out there, his missus is Sicilian, and related to a rather famous real life don...<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:30 pm --<br /><br />
Gelsons Dad said:
BimboBob said:
I appear to be going to this island in the morning for 10 days. Has anyone been before? Tips? Good places to visit?

Spent far too much time there in the early/mid 90's thanks to our Balkan friends.

I recommend a visit to Taormina and a trip up Etna. We went skiing in the morning then drove to the beach for a dip in the afternoon on one off day.

Both are on my list of places to visit. Cheers for the heads up on Taormina. Looks great.

andyhinch said:
de niro said:
love the place. do etna.
Do the locals hide when you turn up?

I was pestered somewhat for sure. it was funny watching people do a double take. on the holiday complex everyone inc staff called me Robert as a matter of course. most were Palermo fans and it was around the time where they did very well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.