Sierra Leone Video Series

Been working away and just caught up with the last two episodes, powerful emotional stuff. Anyone feeling sorry for them selves or feeling hard done by just play these videos. Def agree the next project should be a decent safe pitch or even better an accad - What about it Gary Cook?

Everybody involved in this should be incredibly proud. I've been lucky enough to do quite a bit of work in southern africa in countries like Malawi and Zambia and the passion you see from the people in Sierra leone for football is replicated across Africa. The difference is that because of the work that has been done and the links that have been made, in this case it is our team that is being chosen. Not just because they are the ones that get the most publicity but because they are the ones doing the most.

To be honest I don't really care if the papers or TV pick up on this, although obviously it would really help. the real point is that it is our club and our fans that are doing this and that makes me proud to be a city fan. I cannot wait until we win something and get the success we deserve, But we are bigger and better than just that. City does, and should, mean more and this video series has just been another example of what manchester city actually means, and why none of us could ever have supported anyone else.

bsr75 said:
Everybody involved in this should be incredibly proud. I've been lucky enough to do quite a bit of work in southern africa in countries like Malawi and Zambia and the passion you see from the people in Sierra leone for football is replicated across Africa. The difference is that because of the work that has been done and the links that have been made, in this case it is our team that is being chosen. Not just because they are the ones that get the most publicity but because they are the ones doing the most.

To be honest I don't really care if the papers or TV pick up on this, although obviously it would really help. the real point is that it is our club and our fans that are doing this and that makes me proud to be a city fan. I cannot wait until we win something and get the success we deserve, But we are bigger and better than just that. City does, and should, mean more and this video series has just been another example of what manchester city actually means, and why none of us could ever have supported anyone else.

Very very true, and to think that all this came from ONE BLUE (Tony) speaking to a beach seller (Armani in this case), taking his story to a supporters club, where Howard and the rest of the reddish crazy gang got on board, then raised it with the Centenery Supporters association bringing amongst others Portadown and Swinton Branches into action, and some blues feel that there is now no need for the supporters clubs?
Having had the pleasure of meeting Armani I can tell you that he is a real gent, the passion that Tony has for this venture is so great that it is hard to describe in words, and when Phil and or Howard get involved with anything, you just know that only 100% commitment will be shown.
& for the way the club have got involved shows that the term Real Club Real fans has never been more evident, but there is still work to be done and funds to be raised.
Proud to be a Blue, and very proud to know the guys behind this.

Amazing.

I hadn't had the time to watch any of these videos during the week and just watched them all end to end. Like everyone else on this thread I'm just blown away by it. Maybe I've been living in a bubble but I had no idea that any of this had been going on.

Makes me proud to be a Blue, and proud to be a member of the OSC. Well done Lakey, Howard, Reddish, Portadown, Phuket, Cookey and everyone else involved in this brilliant brilliant project.

Very, very proud that all those people involved are blues, well done to you all, you have my sincere admiration.

mcfcliam said:
Forzacitizens said:
good idea trev

I agree.

Great idea.

Or you might just read the thread, where you would realise that a member of Reddish has at great personnal expence brought Armani over, and another supporters Club are giving Armani the way into every game he is over for, but hey, why do we have suporters clubs?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.