Signings/Line up for next season.

................................Hart
...........................(Pantilimon)

Zabaleta...........Kompany...Hummels............Clichy
(Richards)...........(Kolo)....(Nastasic)...........(Shaw)

.........................Milner..... Yaya
.......................(Rodwell)..(Barry)

Silva........................Aguero....................Reus
(Milner)...................(Fellaini)...................(Isco)

..............................Cavani
..............................(Tevez).

I'd love us to go with the squad above, with the likes of Guidetti, Razak and Rekik on the fringes, but that would mean us signing five new players in Shaw, Fellaini, Reus, Isco and Cavani, and even though a few might leave I cant see five coming in certainly not of that calibre anyway.

Lomas has a lob on said:

I'd love us to go with the squad above, with the likes of Guidetti, Razak and Rekik on the fringes, but that would mean us signing five new players in Shaw, Fellaini, Reus, Isco and Cavani, and even though a few might leave I cant see five coming in certainly not of that calibre anyway.

Hummels is unnecessaryily expensive when we have Nastasic who is already so good. We'll never be able to afford Cavani, Reus, Isco, Fellaini, Shaw and Hummels. Plus Isco is far too expensive to be a bench player. So is Fellaini.

Lomas has a lob on said:

How do you plan on getting Shaw, Fellaini, Reus, Isco and Cavani for 50m?

People really need to start being more realistic.
Isco and Felliani on the bench? spending 25m+ on a CB?

Anyway....
---------Cavani------
Jovetic---Silva--Aguero
-----Yaya----Benat----
Clichy-Komp--Nast-Zaba
----------Hart---------

Aguero and Jovetic used more as inside forwards than wingers.

Signing Benat would give us the quality service from midfield which we are lacking and I have seen him get involved in breaking up play as well. Would be around 10-15m I reckon.

Signing Jovetic would give us more direct pace and skill from wide which we lack and given time to settle I reckon he can get 10-15 goals no problem. If you believe the rumor today we have first dibs on him then we could well have this signing done.

Signing Cavani I think would be a great move, he is a superb forward and I think that if given the choice Mancini would choose him over Falcao hence why I have put him in. He would cost 50m apparently so only about 10m on top of the Mario and Dzeko money. Great all round striker.

- If we sell Nasri and or Tevez then I think Jovetic would be a superb signing and would almost combine the two players. A playmaker and a goal scorer, he is 6ft as well so I think would be able to handle himself in the Prem.

Didn't know where to put this but anyway.
A Spanish radio station called Onda Cero discussed on their show this week the possibility of Xabi Alonso moving back to the Premier League. Sid Lowe is on there too and they've basically said that it doesn't look like he wants to renew his contract which ends in 2014 and that his agents were in Manchester this week talking to clubs about a potential return to the Premier League. Not a money issue or anything, he just wants the Premier League.

Now, he'll be 32 in November but given his quality, do you think we could be interested?

Talksport are said to be running a 'Alonso to Liverpool' story but they're likely to have listened to this and then picked the club whose fans are going to give them the most hits.

Joehannes said:
Didn't know where to put this but anyway.
A Spanish radio station called Onda Cero discussed on their show this week the possibility of Xabi Alonso moving back to the Premier League. Sid Lowe is on there too and they've basically said that it doesn't look like he wants to renew his contract which ends in 2014 and that his agents were in Manchester this week talking to clubs about a potential return to the Premier League. Not a money issue or anything, he just wants the Premier League.

Now, he'll be 32 in November but given his quality, do you think we could be interested?

Talksport are said to be running a 'Alonso to Liverpool' story but they're likely to have listened to this and then picked the club whose fans are going to give them the most hits.
Yeah I'd have him on a 2 year contract if it's cheap. He's still a brilliant player.

kun said:
Lomas has a lob on said:

I dont1 Hence why I mention it would be a great squad but we wouldn't be able to get five in of that calibre!!!<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:19 pm --<br /><br />
mgreenz97 said:
Lomas has a lob on said:

Hummels is unnecessaryily expensive when we have Nastasic who is already so good. We'll never be able to afford Cavani, Reus, Isco, Fellaini, Shaw and Hummels. Plus Isco is far too expensive to be a bench player. So is Fellaini.

Where have I mentioned they are bench players?
I have mentioned those players as a squad, and just given exmaples of two for each position!

Lomas has a lob on said:
kun said:
Lomas has a lob on said:

I dont1 Hence why I mention it would be a great squad but we wouldn't be able to get five in of that calibre!!!

-- Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:19 pm --

mgreenz97 said:
Lomas has a lob on said:

I have mentioned those players as a squad, and just given exmaples of two for each position!

At any one time our bench will consist of Players like Tevez, Fellaini, Isco, Nastasic, unless you plan to have Reus, Aguero, Cavani and Hummels on the bench?

mgreenz97 said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
kun said:

I dont1 Hence why I mention it would be a great squad but we wouldn't be able to get five in of that calibre!!!

-- Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:19 pm --

mgreenz97 said:

At any one time our bench will consist of Players like Tevez, Fellaini, Isco, Nastasic, unless you plan to have Reus, Aguero, Cavani and Hummels on the bench?

Yeh I know, good isn't it?
You do realise this thread is hyperthetical dont you!?
I have simply shown the type of SQUAD I would like at City, and I also stated in my original post, I couldn't see it happening, thats where the hyperthetical part comes in!!
But to continue the debate, if and thats a big IF the likes of Isco and Fellaini came to us, then yes I could see them having to make do with a place on the bench in some games. But I am talking about a SQUAD not an eleven!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.