Sigue Sigue Sputnik

Juan King

Seeing as someone has started a thread on the Cult, I had a flashback to these for some reason. Anyone else remember this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28hFIxgtv0o[/youtube]

Remember it? I bought the 12" single

Band formed by Trevor Horn I think. The genius behind Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Nowt to do with Trevor Horn.
The band was formed by Generation X guitarist Tony James as he wanted to form a ''fantasy band''. (I was a mad Gen X fan so kept a close eye on the band, but didn't buy into it!

After the line up was secured, it was all about the hype, deliberately having trouble caused at gigs to grab the headlines in the weekly music papers, spilling into the daily rags..... from then on, a number 1 hit was guaranteed!

But the hype couldnt match the quality so it was only a matter of time when it would blow over and the press went looking elsewhere....

People go on about manufactured shite around today,this would rank along side any of it.
Music journos must be the most gullible twats getting around,emperors new clothes and all that.

I'm not a fan. The other thread made me think of this band for some reason & I was interested to see what people made of them.

waterloo blue said:
People go on about manufactured shite around today,this would rank along side any of it.
Music journos must be the most gullible twats getting around,emperors new clothes and all that.
That's how I remembered it, it was so obviose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.