Similarities.....

bluemoondays

Anyone else seeing similarities between MHs transfer dealings and the early days of Chelski. Most of their early transfers were about taking a key player from other clubs e.g. SWP, Parker, Duff, Cole, Cole, Lampard then they filled up with the international signings.

So far we are looking at cherry picking the following:

Barry - Villa will struggle to replace him with £12m (also they need to replace Laursen)
Everton - Lescot (rumoured)
B'Burn - RSC (their only real classy player)
Portsmouth - Glen Johnson (rumoured)
Newcastle - Given (we saw what happened there)
Scum - Tevez (even if we overpay that leaves them with only Berbaflop as a recognised striker - maybe count Rooney also)
Chelsea - (rumours of Terry, although I regard that as a joke)
Arsenal - Toure (rumoured)
Liverpool - Alonso (rumoured)
West Ham - Bellamy (not sure if this could be counted as a key player)
Fulham, Bolton, Hull, Sunderland, Stoke, Wigan - do they have many players we would be interested in ;-) Hangeland & Valencia? We should go in with a big bid for Rory Delap, that would make sure Stoke are relegated ;p

All of them proven PL players which will strengthen our squad and also take, if not key, certainly important players from other PL teams. All of them would be hard to replace and it's 50/50 whether the replacement would be as good or better because they would have to go abroad and take a chance as we are looking at taking the good players from the PL that may be convinced to move.

Or is this just a conspiracy theory too far...........................

Yup, Chelsea picked up the best players in the league outside the top 3 (Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal) at the time like Damien Duff, Wayne Bridge, Scott Parker, Joe Cole, SWP etc.

We're doing the same with Barry, Bellamy, Bridge, Given.

callumcity said:
I can see the Similarities definatley.

Me too

BUT !!!

imagine the cook on the phone:

So Mr Messi You Are Going to be running out with craig bellamy partnering you upfront
and dont worry about defence we have kolo toure
erm hello mr messi mr messi

i dont think buying proven players would attract the big names. i mean fair point they may make a good team to get us 6 or even 5
but we we need quality players like fabregas, torres, ronaldo, (hate to say it) and lampard (which is debateable) to get us in and around the top 4.

mancitydreamteam said:
callumcity said:

Me too

BUT !!!

So Mr Messi You Are Going to be running out with craig bellamy partnering you upfront

i dont think buying proven players would attract the big names. i mean fair point they may make a good team to get us 6 or even 5
but we we need quality players like fabregas, torres, ronaldo, (hate to say it) and lampard (which is debateable) to get us in and around the top 4.

But you can't just have a team of galacticos, it only brings short term success.
We're building for the future.

the invisible fan said:
mancitydreamteam said:
callumcity said:

Me too

BUT !!!

But you can't just have a team of galacticos, it only brings short term success.

lost in translation ... i dont mean a superstar in every position
i mean like 3 or 4 top quality players along with the proven players
but cant see us signing any top quality players apart from tevez inside of the premiership

mancitydreamteam said:
the invisible fan said:
mancitydreamteam said:
callumcity said:

Me too

BUT !!!

lost in translation ... i dont mean a superstar in every position
i mean like 3 or 4 top quality players along with the proven players
but cant see us signing any top quality players apart from tevez inside of the premiership

Ah I see your point now.
However, Robinho came, and if all this ITK business is to be believed, Eto'o is on his way as well.
David Villa is more than obtainable with Valencia's financial situation.
I'd say in terms of superstar signings, there'll be some sort of domino effect.
As soon as one comes, the rest will follow (which is why we need to make sure Robinho stays happy).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.