Simon Colosimo

mancmackem

Just watching an Australian A-League round-up on my Sky Sports stream, and this little gem of a name popped up for the Melbourne Hearts.

colosimo2.jpg

276622-simon-colosimo.jpg

I lived in Melbourne at the time he moved to us and he was highly rated in Australia (but they got giddy about every young hopeful) but was not nearly good enough for the Premier League... and it showed. An Aussie defender who would have been a better signing was Craig Moore.

LoveCity said:
I lived in Melbourne at the time he moved to us and he was highly rated in Australia (but they got giddy about every young hopeful) but was not nearly good enough for the Premier League... and it showed. An Aussie defender who would have been a better signing was Craig Moore.

We were in Division one when we signed him,and he wasn't good enough for that never mind the prem. Wasn't he Keegan's first signing?

By eck we've had some shit Aussie players at City over the years,my favourite being Danny Allsop. Rough diamond that lad.

I have to defend Colosimo. He had some pretty bad injury problems and he is actually a decent player (in division 1 terms).

Allsop is laughable.

Thank god for Tiatto.

Colosimo was a great player, pity he had his knee ruined by Andy Cole. Would have made a very tidy sum selling him to Italy after a year.

rhysmcfc said:
Colosimo was a great player, pity he had his knee ruined by Andy Cole. Would have made a very tidy sum selling him to Italy after a year.

Yes, he might've had a better career but for that injury, was very highly rated at that time.

I watched him play for melbourne few years ago when over there ! star of the show was tiatto played centre mid and ran the game then to finish the city reunion Danny Allsop came off the bench ! Won 3 1 but Sydney in fairness were fookin awful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.