Simple Question: Do you trust our owner?

Do you trust our owner?

• Total voters
Mansour...

"... we are here for the long haul and that we will act always in the best interests of the club and all of its stakeholders, but especially you the fans."

How can we when this was what he said at the time of the takeover?

My opinion of their intentions being beneficial to us, the fans of the club, has definitely changed.

I thought they got us and what was important to us. They have always stressed and played on the club's history, emphasising the community aspect. I'm not sure what they are doing now reflects that at all. It's very very disappointing.
I think they must think that what they are doing is for the longer term benefit of the club but at what cost?

Not any more, I think we are meaningless to them, I remember the backlash from the psg ticket pricing and they listened to us and the Real Madrid semi prices were decent, will they listen to us this time?

Mansour...

"... we are here for the long haul and that we will act always in the best interests of the club and all of its stakeholders, but especially you the fans."

How can we when this was what he said at the time of the takeover?
That's just marketing PR bullshit mate...

The fact that none of our executives or a representative of them from our club has made any statement so far tells me all I need to know. They don't care! All we've had as fans is a statement written by the owner of our biggest rival (posted on our very own club site no less) and the mad ramblings of the man who has been chosen to lead this travesty of a project. It's an absolute disgrace of a shitshow!

The fact that none of our executives or a representative of them from our club has made any statement so far tells me all I need to know. They don't care! All we've had as fans is a statement written by the owner of our biggest rival (posted on our very own club site no less) and the mad ramblings of the man who has been chosen to lead this travesty of a project. It's an absolute disgrace of a shitshow!
It tells me we are keeping our cards close to our chests , there a long way to go on this.

Not sure if this has been posted yet - it seems, based on this article that we and Chelsea were told that the league was going to go ahead and had the option to either get on board or risk getting left behind.

This puts our owner in a much better light.

Last edited:
No I don't trust them. They are clearly in it in the interests of marketing Abu Dhabi to the world. I've been happy to take the positives that they have brought to the club (and those memories can't be taken away) but I always feared that there would come a point when they would show their hand and act in a way that is demonstrably against the wishes of the majority of fans.

I agree with comments on various threads about FC United style response to this being the wrong option. Why support a wannabee club when we can support and build up an existing team with City connections: Maine Road FC. If this goes ahead that's where I will be going after lockdown. Couldn't stomach sitting in the Etihad and watching another showing of 'The City is Ours' video because clearly it isn't any more.

All the characters on here who are exonerating City's owners for deciding to shit on the rest of football need to reflect on what being a City fan means (at least to me). It means experiencing real football: losing as well as winning; relegation as well as lifting trophies. It means Barnsley or Halifax away not Barcelona or Madrid every fecking month with kick off times to suit a Chinese or Indian or US TV audience. I tell you what guys, if this happens anticipate movement of 'franchises' in 5 or 10 years time. Why have two teams in Manchester? That does not make sense to a US marketing man. Let's move one of these Manchester teams to somewhere to 'grow the fan base'. How about moving City to Vienna or Amsterdam or Dublin or Copenhagen?

I really can't believe there are so many people on here who are trying to imagine that the owners are doing this for some currently hidden really good reason that they will eventually reveal to us. This is about greed and the draining of every ounce of money that can be had out of this sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.