Sir Billy Connolly

oakiecokie

I`m not one to go overboard with people who receive various knighthoods and OBE`s etc.However I have just seen the 5 minute video of The Big Yin and his award.
I don`t think I`ve ever seen someone so humble with their recognition and I will always remember his appearance on Parkinson.
Glad to hear that he`s now been given the all clear with prostate cancer but unfortunately he will never shake off his Parkinsons Disease.
Well done Billy.
Scottish comedian Billy Connolly said he was "pleased and a little embarrassed" to get a knighthood in the Queen's Birthday Honours List.

The 74-year-old Glaswegian said he did not know much about what it would mean.
"It won't really dawn on me until Glasgow people start calling me 'Sir Billy' or whatever they come up with."

He said it felt strange to be welcomed into the establishment as he still thought of himself as a "hairy rebel".

Last edited:
I`m not one to go overboard with people who receive various knighthoods and OBE`s etc.However I have just seen the 5 minute video of The Big Yin and his award.
I don`t think I`ve ever seen someone so humble with their recognition and I will always remember his appearance on Parkinson.
Glad to hear that he`s now been given the all clear with prostate cancer but unfortunately he will never shake off his Parkinsons Disease.
Well done Billy.
Scottish comedian Billy Connolly said he was "pleased and a little embarrassed" to get a knighthood in the Queen's Birthday Honours List.

The 74-year-old Glaswegian said he did not know much about what it would mean.
"It won't really dawn on me until Glasgow people start calling me 'Sir Billy' or whatever they come up with."

He said it felt strange to be welcomed into the establishment as he still thought of himself as a "hairy rebel".

Now for a Quiet Knight Yin.

Posthumous knighthood for Bernard?
2w3djbp.jpg

Was a murderer in a columbo episode once you know. Murder by too many notes. The second to last ever episode.

Worth a watch.

Why does he get a title when someone like simon cowell doesn't? both provided entertainment for decades and both do loads of charity work and both are rich

Why does he get a title when someone like simon cowell doesn't? both provided entertainment for decades and both do loads of charity work and both are rich

Strange comment. Billy has been famous a wee while longer than Cowell though.

Seen him a live a few times, including his most recent show, and he is always good value. I think one of the shows I saw in the 90's was the funniest comedy gig I have been to; although Eddie Murphy in 1987 was a contender.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.