Sir Bobby Robson

His Ipswich Town side of the late 70s/early 80s were a great side. In fact thinking back they probably under achieved. I can only remember them winning the FA Cup in 1978 and the UEFA Cup a year or two later. I would imagine that he would be well peed off with the predicament that Ipswich are in at the moment.
Don't think he'd be too chuffed about the situation at Newcastle either!

Great bump, FI. Sir Bobby was a true gent.

His Ipswich Town side of the late 70s/early 80s were a great side. In fact thinking back they probably under achieved. I can only remember them winning the FA Cup in 1978 and the UEFA Cup a year or two later. I would imagine that he would be well peed off with the predicament that Ipswich are in at the moment.
In 81 they were going for the League, UEFA Cup and FA Cup.
They lost to us in the semi, Villa took the League and they won the UEFA Cup.
Bloody good side and when Alan Brazil could run!

Years ago I knew a guy who played for Bradford when they were in the Prem. He got us in to the players lounge when they played Newcastle and Sir Bobby was their manager. After the game we were going in to the lounge and Robson was stood outside talking to a journalist in incredibly passionate terms about the game and football in general. We had a couple of pints and then left. Only to find him still outside with the same journalist who was stood spellbound listening to his every word. The journalist must have missed his deadline for copy and the Newcastle team bus was parked outside waiting for him but no-one could interrupt him in full flow! Robson must have been close to 70 and yet listening to him for even just a few seconds talking with such obvious love for the game always makes me smile.

Bump.

10 years ago today,this wonderfully passionate and inspirational man passed.

A gentleman and a genius,i dont think ive ever heard anyone say a bad word about the legend.

Very sadly missed by,i imagine,all who love our beautiful game.

Well said, Fantasy.

A true gentleman, very much in the Joe Mercer mould. A football man through and through and a great manager too.

Years ago I knew a guy who played for Bradford when they were in the Prem. He got us in to the players lounge when they played Newcastle and Sir Bobby was their manager. After the game we were going in to the lounge and Robson was stood outside talking to a journalist in incredibly passionate terms about the game and football in general. We had a couple of pints and then left. Only to find him still outside with the same journalist who was stood spellbound listening to his every word. The journalist must have missed his deadline for copy and the Newcastle team bus was parked outside waiting for him but no-one could interrupt him in full flow! Robson must have been close to 70 and yet listening to him for even just a few seconds talking with such obvious love for the game always makes me smile.
Met him in majorca when was younger.he talked to me for good 20 mins easy about football.as you say the passion he had for the game was admirable.

A true gent and a big miss.

A proper man, if I remember from his book- On the coach for his first cap and he is sat with Tom Finney who says along the lines of " any problems give me the ball" I like that. It was never about him. Should have won a world cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.