Sir Bruce Forsyth RIP

Certainly a consummate professional, yet couldn't make it in America, which pissed him off, apparently.
For me, he was the king of the game show, but what he really wanted was appreciation as a song and dance
man, akin to Sammy Davies Junior, but he couldn't really sing, and his dancing was adequate, but incomparable
to the great Sammy.
A wonderful compere and showman though, with a very winning personality.

I always enjoyed watching his programmes,
he brightened up many a dull evening.

Goodnight and god bless,

RIP Brucie.

My cousin was chief red-coat when he worked at Butlins said he was a great guy and what you saw on TV was how he was in private. She hadn't seen him for over 30 years but when he was doing a show in Manchester, rang The Midland and left a message for him, a few hours later he called her, invited her to the show with back stages passes and had a post show meal with his wife my cousin and her husband Hadn't changed one bit. Took far too long to be knighted with go down, in my view, along with Morecamb and Wise as the best British entertainers RiP Brucie

While undoubtedly excellent at what he did (you don't stay in the business as long as he did if you were hopeless), he always came across as a bit too smarmy for me. Lots of folk would obviously disagree with that though.

While undoubtedly excellent at what he did (you don't stay in the business as long as he did if you were hopeless), he always came across as a bit too smarmy for me. Lots of folk would obviously disagree with that though.
There was something about him that i didn't find likeable. A few years ago he did a warts and all documentary which he threatened the production company not to broadcast it. He claimed it portrayed him in a bad light.

Still, millions appriciated his entertainment skills so I'm guessing I'm in the minority.

My cousin was chief red-coat when he worked at Butlins said he was a great guy and what you saw on TV was how he was in private. She hadn't seen him for over 30 years but when he was doing a show in Manchester, rang The Midland and left a message for him, a few hours later he called her, invited her to the show with back stages passes and had a post show meal with his wife my cousin and her husband Hadn't changed one bit. Took far too long to be knighted with go down, in my view, along with Morecamb and Wise as the best British entertainers RiP Brucie
Cheers pal,i enjoyed reading that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.