Skrtel

jimharri said:
Man Cini said:
....What do you mean Skrtel is a thug? He looks like a mean person, but he is not a dirty player. He hardly gets suspended and is a clean football, who has all the attributes needed at centre back. He is also far better on the ball than people on here are making out.
Go back a few pages; he raked his studs down the back of one of our players (either Jo or Micah) during a game at our place (could be the 0-0 bore draw of three or four years back), and he also elbowed Aguero last season. If you think he is a clean player because he never gets suspended, wake up and smell the coffee. Rooney only got one yellow card all last season. Model professional with a fantastic attitude to referees, isn't he? As for how he looks; well, instead of commenting, I will simply suggest that people look at pictures of him and come to their own conclusions.

I have tried to find those examples a few pages back, but can't.

All centre defenders will elbow strikers when they go up for headers, it happens. But he isn't a dirty player.

If you don't want him, that's fine - we'll happily keep him as I think Skrtel / Agger is as good as it gets in the Premiership.

Man Cini said:
jimharri said:
Man Cini said:
....What do you mean Skrtel is a thug? He looks like a mean person, but he is not a dirty player. He hardly gets suspended and is a clean football, who has all the attributes needed at centre back. He is also far better on the ball than people on here are making out.
Go back a few pages; he raked his studs down the back of one of our players (either Jo or Micah) during a game at our place (could be the 0-0 bore draw of three or four years back), and he also elbowed Aguero last season. If you think he is a clean player because he never gets suspended, wake up and smell the coffee. Rooney only got one yellow card all last season. Model professional with a fantastic attitude to referees, isn't he? As for how he looks; well, instead of commenting, I will simply suggest that people look at pictures of him and come to their own conclusions.

All centre defenders will elbow strikers when they go up for headers, it happens. But he isn't a
dirty player.

If you don't want him, that's fine - we'll happily keep him as I think Skrtel / Agger is as good as it gets in the Premiership.

Oh dear. Do you really think those two are a match for Vinny & Joleon ? Really ?

Man Cini said:
stony said:
Man Cini said:
All fans have their own set of idiots.

-- Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:27 pm --

Suits us LFC fans, we don't want to sell him.

He was our best player last season.

If we sold him we'd want at least we you gave Everton for Lescott, as we rate Skrtel higher than him.

I noticed some idiot on RAWK wanting £20 + Adam Johnson. If you're using the Lescott transfer as a yardstick, then surely we can use Downings. What was it again £20M ? In that case we'd like £35M for Adam. Or in other words £15M + Skrtel.

Can you see just how ridiculous comparisons like that are ? Personally I don't want the ugly ****. He gets away with so many fouls in the area it's like he leads a charmed life. I seriously doubt he'd get away with that for us.

Not sure we want Johnson to be honest, we might do, but how often do swap deal happen? Rarely.

Lescott should be the yardstick, as he is just as good.

If you don't want to pay that fee, then he stays at LFC - simple!

Then why not Kompany as the yardstick. He's better than both of them and cost about £6M

The Lescott transfer and Skrtels supposed move are completely different scenarios and in no way comparable.

Davs 19 said:
Man Cini said:
jimharri said:

All centre defenders will elbow strikers when they go up for headers, it happens. But he isn't a
dirty player.

Oh dear. Do you really think those two are a match for Vinny & Joleon ? Really ?

Yes I do.

Although I think Kompany is the best centre back in the league. I think Skrtel and Agger are better than Lescott.

But two very good centre back pairings.<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:06 pm --<br /><br />
stony said:
Man Cini said:
stony said:
I noticed some idiot on RAWK wanting £20 + Adam Johnson. If you're using the Lescott transfer as a yardstick, then surely we can use Downings. What was it again £20M ? In that case we'd like £35M for Adam. Or in other words £15M + Skrtel.

Can you see just how ridiculous comparisons like that are ? Personally I don't want the ugly ****. He gets away with so many fouls in the area it's like he leads a charmed life. I seriously doubt he'd get away with that for us.

Not sure we want Johnson to be honest, we might do, but how often do swap deal happen? Rarely.

Then why not Kompany as the yardstick. He's better than both of them and cost about £6M

The Lescott transfer and Skrtels supposed move are completely different scenarios and in no way comparable.

Unfortunately City have been paying vastly over the odds for some time now and we will be wanting a fee that you have been over paying for players like Lescott.

Although with the FFP rules coming in, I would have thought City would be curbing their spending if they want to comply with those rules.

Man Cini said:
I have tried to find those examples a few pages back, but can't..
Didn't look that hard, did you?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=259527&start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=259527&start=120</a>

Man Cini said:
....I think Skrtel / Agger is as good as it gets in the Premiership.
Behave. Trolling/WUMming/fishing/whatever it's being called today is frowned upon.

jimharri said:
Man Cini said:
I have tried to find those examples a few pages back, but can't..
Didn't look that hard, did you?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=259527&start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=259527&start=120</a>

Man Cini said:
....I think Skrtel / Agger is as good as it gets in the Premiership.
Behave. Trolling/WUMming/fishing/whatever it's being called today is frowned upon.

I am not fishing, they are a very good centre back pairing, as good as anything else in the league, and I hope we keep them together.

Liverpool had the third best defensive record in the seaosn last year and that was without having our best defensive midfielder fit - Lucas, for most of the season.

We have problems, but they are in attack, not defense.

Man Cini said:
Davs 19 said:
Man Cini said:

dirty player.

Yes I do.

Although I think Kompany is the best centre back in the league. I think Skrtel and Agger are better than Lescott.

But two very good centre back pairings.

-- Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:06 pm --

stony said:
Man Cini said:

Unfortunately City have been paying vastly over the odds for some time now and we will be wanting a fee that you have been over paying for players like Lescott.

Although with the FFP rules coming in, I would have thought City would be curbing their spending if they want to comply with those rules.

We'll have to agree to disagree. As for FFP, In our owner and board we trust. I'd be more concerned about the money you've blown on the likes of Henderson, Downing etc. and the cost of redeveloping or moving grounds. Plenty enough for you to think about there, I would have thought.

Man Cini said:
Davs 19 said:
Man Cini said:

dirty player.
R

Yes I do.

But two very good centre back pairings.

Skrtle better than Lescott? Lmao Liverpool fans!

LFC28 said:
moomba said:
LFC28 said:
Liverpool is a big club just because we havent been in CL for a few years it dosent change that.

And that will count for fuck all when it comes to people making decisions on where to play.

Champions league, title races, potential earnings all much more significant than the "big club" myth that really is only important to insecure supporters.

Not only that its £££ which your club clearly has and would be nothing without.

Whapp, whapp, whapp, whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Man Cini said:
jimharri said:
Man Cini said:

All centre defenders will elbow strikers when they go up for headers, it happens. But he isn't a dirty player.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBiHh-I8wmQ[/youtube]
48 seconds in and he rakes his studs down Jo's back...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.