Sky Commentary

BringBackSwales

Anyone else feel that Sky's commentary was awful today? It could have been England playing Germany, or a non league side against a top PL side in the cup, the commentary was so liverpool biased, almost every comment seemed to be pro liverpool and anti City; fucking hell if we played that negatively at home for 80 mins they would fucking slaughter us. The commentary today was on a par with the shit we got at qpr on espn. Alan Smith has always liked a snidey dig at us but I was surprised at Martin Tyler. I appreciate that we all think refs are against our team and commentators likewise, every fan has a bit of that in them, so I try and make allowances but today was shit, sorry to ramble I am pissed, but when gary neville is made to look fair minded then these idiots need sacking, goodnight

Agreed. I'm not one for getting into all the usual "media is against us" stuff but it was conspicuously obvious today. They were desperate for Kompany to be sent off, sounded gutted when we scored and generally just acted like cunts.

I pointed this out in the matchday thread. They didnt even try to hide it at times "Richards was pathetic there", "Liverpool dont deserve to be behind", "How lucky was Citys goal" and practically cheering when Liverpool scored. It got me very pissed off.

Bazzmand Show said:
I pointed this out in the matchday thread. They didnt even try to hide it at times "Richards was pathetic there", "Liverpool dont deserve to be behind", "How lucky was Citys goal" and practically cheering when Liverpool scored. It got me very pissed off.

Exactly - and like Liverpoo's goal wasn't lucky!!

Seems that for this entire season, the ONLY story in football has been CIty ruining football and everyone waiting for them to get their comeuppance! People gloated about the Bayern game, have LOVED the Tevez debacle, can't wait for us to lose and be "held to a draw at Anfield" (where we never win!!), and (everyone's favorite) Mario is a crazy embarrassment to football!

Yawn!

This is what lazy media looks like when you are sitting on the mountain top looking down on their favorite teams (the traditional "Big Four") and they can't figure out how to derail you!

Fuck them all!

WE ARE CITY!

They seemed to be willing liverpool to score, it was pathetic. Liverpool had a cross which was deflected twice and cleared for a thrown in and Tyler declared that "Manchester City are ROCKING here" ?

Unfortunately bias commentary/coverage has become all too familiar but still really frustrates.

On a different note, i was suprised to hear when playing as a City on Fifa 12 the other day that Alan Smith, in one soundbite, claims that he was a City fan growing up and that Colin Bell was his favourite player ?!

They really wanted Kompany sent off. He'd put in an excellent tackle and they'd be like "Kompanys walking a tightrope", etc..

BringBackSwales said:
Anyone else feel that Sky's commentary was awful today? It could have been England playing Germany, or a non league side against a top PL side in the cup, the commentary was so liverpool biased, almost every comment seemed to be pro liverpool and anti City; fucking hell if we played that negatively at home for 80 mins they would fucking slaughter us. The commentary today was on a par with the shit we got at qpr on espn. Alan Smith has always liked a snidey dig at us but I was surprised at Martin Tyler. I appreciate that we all think refs are against our team and commentators likewise, every fan has a bit of that in them, so I try and make allowances but today was shit, sorry to ramble I am pissed, but when gary neville is made to look fair minded then these idiots need sacking, goodnight
we take the biscuit with this though, didnt watch the game today so couldnt comment but a lot of these type of threads are massively exagerrated

I'm into my seventh decade of following footy and it is more than apparent that the media have favourites which are passed down from one hack generation to another. The usual culprits - MANUre, the Dippers and Spuds. These are the three teams, come what may, are the main focus of journos, would-be pundits, and ex-pros. When these three are in the ascendancy there is untold glee and unbridled joy; when they are struggling there is unlimited sympathy. For the likes of us there is begrudging acceptance that we have world class players but the number of reservations makes the 9.30 Piccadilly to Euston look empty. When there is some misfortune, there is over-abundant scorn.

For those who dismiss media bias, just check the commentaries on Tottenham's CL matches last season and ours this. The difference is calcium carbonate and mature Gouda!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.