Sky Digital blocking up phone line

sboroMCFC

We've got 2 Sky boxes connected to one phone line, but today the boxes have been blocking up our phone line, meaning that when we pick up the phone we get an engaged tone. We thought that the boxes must be dialling up sky or something, but when they are connected the boxes say that no phone line is connected. The line is fine when we disconnect the boxes. Any ideas whats going on?!

I've been on the phone to sky waiting for about half an hour for someone to talk to me!

No idea mate. But when Sky Digital first came out we got it and the box kept phoning out at stupid O'clock. Very annoying.

Sky will tell you that you have to have your boxes connected at all times as you have discounted connection for your second box and its the only way they can tell that you haven't given one away to a friend... Fine while it works....

I know they will tell me that, and thats why I'm trying to get through to them because we'll probably end up having to pay some sort of extra charge for this, but we can't have our phone line blocked for hours and hours! Shame I can't get through to them!

we have had sky for 5 years and because we had to change the position of the phone plug we had to disconnect sky from the phone line and never looked back you really dont need it i just ring up when i need to order somthing and it cums through the signal so you can order what you want aswell

BlackSheep said:
No idea mate. But when Sky Digital first came out we got it and the box kept phoning out at stupid O'clock. Very annoying.

Sky will tell you that you have to have your boxes connected at all times as you have discounted connection for your second box and its the only way they can tell that you haven't given one away to a friend... Fine while it works....
If the bt lines disconnected no premium rate calls or box office calls can be made out so little johnny playing darts, jam or other kids games can't earn murdoch or bt loadsa money.....they don't like the line out.

Sorry, but if you have a second box you DO have to keep both connected. They subsidise the subs for the second viewing card and the phone line dial outs are how Sky knows you are using them both in the same house. I beleive that if you disconnect you end up having to pay full whack on both viewing cards.

My sky box is never connected to the phone line. Its knackers my internet up if its connected. I only plug it in if I want to order something. Its great. I only end up paying for stuff a few times a year because the transaction details only go through to sky when I plug it back in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.