Sky - Mané Red card poll (official appeal rejected)

Starting too get sick of all this debate over the red card . I'm thinking, if this was at the other end , say it was Jesus on their keeper, they would be no debate at all ! Also I'm guessing, all these ex-pro's saying it's only a yellow , where shouting "red" when De Jong did it in the World Cup final !

The red card aside, Otamendi was getting absolutely rinsed, playing on the left hand side. Thought Stones, Walker and Danilo were very good, Mendy excellent going forward but will need to run the other way occasionally!!
I don't disagree. Just thought Neville was going way overboard. Certainly wasn't as critical of Pool when they threw the towel in after the sending off. He was too busy trying to justify why it wasn't a sending off. The whole tone of his commentary was just nasty and full of spite, in contrast to Carragher who I thought was ok.

These are the same people who no doubt called for de Jong to be banned after the xabi alonso challenge. The only difference is mane kicked ederson in the face not the chest.

I don't disagree. Just thought Neville was going way overboard. Certainly wasn't as critical of Pool when they threw the towel in after the sending off. He was too busy trying to justify why it wasn't a sending off. The whole tone of his commentary was just nasty and full of spite, in contrast to Carragher who I thought was ok.
Strange behaviour from him as well, given his loathing of all things red on Merseyside!

Happy to be corrected here (and I haven't read the whole thread so it may have already been mentioned) but didn't Nigel De Jong get a yellow card off Howard Webb, whilst playing for Holland in the world cup final, when he planted his studs in Xavi Alonso's chest. After the game the whole of the football world exploded onto the decision demanding it was such a serious challenge that De Jong should be banned from football for life ?

Firstly, no, it isn't an Amercanism.
Secondly, there isn't anything inherently wrong with Americanisms anyway.
Finally, your own sentence construction (explanatory fragment following a declaration, as quoted above) is, ironically, Americanist in it's style.

PS:
It was a red card, by the way.
I wholly agree that it was a red card

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.