Sky Wifi help...

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
Got Sky TV and wifi but when my PC times out I usually have to turn the wifi on the PC back on as it seems to switch itself off....but not always. Been on to Sky, they've run tests and say all is more than OK. Router is in the floor so they've told me to raise it a few feet, I will do but my question is...are there any setting that can be adjusted or reset and if so how...
Everything else wifi related seems OK. Cheers

Is it a connection issue? Ask them for a free booster box and see if that resolves the issue.
Maybe misunderstanding the question ?

Is it a connection issue? Ask them for a free booster box and see if that resolves the issue.
Maybe misunderstanding the question ?
NO, dont think so as everything else works, printer, TV, tablets, phones, other laptops etc etc....just not very well on the one PC. Lost a few minutes of the final yesterday and an Ebay bid took a few minutes to get through. I have to keep resetting it.

Maybe this can help mate?

1. Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Power Options and select the top most search result.
  2. Click on Change when the computer sleeps option from the left side panel of the window and click on Change advanced power settings.
  3. Expand Sleep>Sleep after and choose Never from the drop down bar.
  4. Click on Apply and OK after setting the time.
  5. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Maybe this can help mate?

1. Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Power Options and select the top most search result.
  2. Click on Change when the computer sleeps option from the left side panel of the window and click on Change advanced power settings.
  3. Expand Sleep>Sleep after and choose Never from the drop down bar.
  4. Click on Apply and OK after setting the time.
  5. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Right....I've given that a go. It's not exactly as you described but I think I've done what you mean...

Cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.